A Happier Family

Sonics pov

I woke up to the sound of an alarm clock. Normally I'd sleep in but today was different. Today was family day.

I ran downstairs to find jet and mira at the table eating breakfast.

"morning love" jet said brightly "it's nice to see you up early for a change"

"Well it is family day" I hugged him from behind before grabbing a plate. I looked up at mira "so what plans do you have for today kiddo? Job offers? Looking for your perpose?"

She shook her head "I don't need to look for my perpose anymore. After all I have friends and family right here. Maybe that's all I needed all along"

"atta girl. I knew you'd get it eventually" jet smiled at her.

"but weren't you super worried about her-" I was cut off by a kick to the shin!

"yow!" I yelped. Classy as always jet!

Mira covered her mouth as she tried not to giggle "as for family day what do you say to a movie binge"

"yeah that sounds good" he nodded "what about you sonic. You got time"

"course I've got time. I'm retired" I yawned. The doctors now in police custody so I'm no longer chasing after robots. It's a bit boring but I'm also grateful that my family's safe.

"wonderful" mira clasped her hands together happily "I'll meet you here tonight then!"

*time skip*

"ok gang we've got a couple of movies here" I held them up for the others to see "so which one should we watch?"

"hmm so many choices so little time" mira muttered.

"ohh how about curse of the mummy" jet gasped "we used to watch it all the time when we were dating!"

"a cult classic. I like your style babe" I grinned as I put the disk in and sat beside mira.

She wrapped her arms around us "I love you guys" she said brightly.

"we love you too baby" we said as we formed a group hug.

We laughed and threw popcorn around. It was so fun just to be around each other again. I hope we can have many more moments just like this...

The end.