Arc 10, Chapter 7: Regret

Yang POV:

Summer: "Hey sweetie. I brought home some lunch while I was out in Vale today. I know you didn't eat last night because you passed out so I hope you enjoy."

Mom puts the brown fast food bag next to my bed and kisses my cheek before leaving my room and closing the door.

Yang: "Hah...."

I turn on the TV in my room and turn it to some cartoon channel just for background noise. I look down at my hands and see them shaking...

They've been like this since I came home last night. My body has felt cold and fragile. What is happening to me? I didn't even have a good time sleeping last night. I mean yeah I did sleep for a good amount of hours but I woke up miserable and cranky.

It was awful though. Coming back to Beacon and thinking of Blake and Ruby. I know they aren't the same as the ones I...killed. But it's haunting to see their faces. That's what's triggering my fight or flight response. It's their faces. They AREN'T the same but they look the same...and that's all my fractured brain needs right now.

I killed them. I know I killed a version of them before in that weird world with the "Alphas" and "Omegas"...I can't believe a world like that exists. But I did it while borderline berserk, I could barely control myself. Not this time. I was...enjoying it. At least enjoying it with Blake. Her screams...the breaking of her bones...I...liked it.

Ruby was painless. I hope. Even with that version of Ruby being a piece of shit to me, she was still my sister. I wanted to at least make her death painless, or as painless as it could be. That version of Blake. She deserved every breaking of her bones...

No. What am I saying? What's going on with me? I would never say that. Is Wail doing something to be subconsciously? I might need to call Eren.

It's 5pm. I can probably call him.
.
.
.
.
.
Eren: "Hey Yang. Need something?"

Yang: "Actually, yeah. I have a question about Wail."

Eren pauses for a moment.

Eren: "Go on."

Yang: "Have you ever experienced this before? I've been doing some thinking today and my thoughts somehow keep turning to violence. To brutality."

Eren: "Hmmm...explain."

Tch. Why can't you just know everything.

Yang: "I was thinking about that world with Blake and Ruby. I felt like a monster, regretting how I handled it. But then my thoughts turned and shifted into me saying she deserved every bit of pain I dished out, if not more."

Eren pauses and thinks for a bit before responding with a sigh.

Eren: "For one, I do think that version of her deserved that pain. Yet you were very sadistic in that fight. Perhaps there's some side effect of Wail right now after doing whatever that was. I also have yet to go berserk like you have despite me having this longer. Not to be mean but you do have some emotional issues at times with snapping or getting overly excited. Ruby said you were working on that, right?"

Yang: "Yeah. I do have some anger problems which I guess doesn't help with Wail doing what it does."

Eren: "At least we're somewhat figuring things out."

Yang: "Yeah..."

I rub my forehead and sigh, my mood somehow souring.

Yang: "I'm at least happy that we both have a shared semblance. I'd be scared of doing literally anything if I was alone with this."