Screw Up

It was the next day and Kenny was prepared to do what he promised Aj, "Just get the ring and bring it back." Kenny told himself and opened the door. Sharmarke was standing there "Hi," Sharmarke said nervously, "Hi," Kenny said confusingly, "I know it's early but-" Kenny cut Sharmarke off "Come in," Kenny said and moved aside so Sharmarke could come in. Sharmarke stepped inside "I know it's nothing like your castle-" Kenny tried to speak but Sharmarke interrupted him "I apologize for yesterday it was rude of me to walk away from you." Sharmarke said, "It's fine after all you are a king looking for a queen and I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of women lined up waiting for you to take their hand." Kenny replied, "What if I don't want them?" Sharmarke asked.

The truth is Kenny didn't want to hear about Sharmarke's feelings for him, "So what brings you by?" Kenny asked, "You didn't accept my dinner invitation and I wanted to make sure you were alright." Sharmarke replied, "So because I chose not to have dinner with you, You decide to stop by the next morning?" Kenny asked, "I missed you." Sharmarke said with frustration, "That ball is tomorrow." Kenny said with a slight attitude, "I know." Sharmarke said, "Will you go with me?" Sharmarke asked Kenny froze, he didn't know what to say.

Sharmarke held Kenny's hand "Please come with me." Sharmarke asked softly, "I can't, I have nothing to wear." Kenny replied, "I can have someone make you something to wear." Sharmarke said, Once again Kenny froze. Kenny had never been to a ball or been accompanied by a king, "I'll go, But I have to be home before midnight." Kenny said, "Why? Is your carriage going to turn into a pumpkin? Cinderella." Sharmarke said sarcastically and laughed, "Yeah you're so funny." Kenny said and snatched his hand away from Sharmarke. "It was a joke," Sharmarke said with a smile, "I was serious, Either I'm home before midnight or I'm not going," Kenny demanded, "Ok, Any other demands My queen?" Sharmarke asked, Kenny, hesitated.

"Queen sounds nice and all but I'm a peasant and your-" Before Kenny could finish his sentence Sharmarke cut him off, "I'll have someone come by to get your measurements and make you whatever you want then I'll pick you up tomorrow night," Sharmarke said as he walked out the door, "WAIT!!" Kenny yelled, Sharmarke stopped and turned to Kenny, "I know we aren't married but I want this to feel real even if it's only for one night, Can I wear the ring at the ball?" Kenny asked, Sharmarke looked Kenny in his eyes and smiled "Of course." Sharmarke replied and kissed Kenny softly. "I'll see you tomorrow," Sharmarke said and walked away with his guards.

Kenny closed the door "Fuck" Kenny said to himself. The anger Kenny had towards Sharmarke had faded and the love had resurfaced. Kenny didn't want to help Aj anymore but his life was in Charlotte's hands and the one thing he didn't want to do was piss her off.