Failed Set Up

"How do you know this?" Sharmarke asked, "I spoke to her," Nonnie replied, "How did you speak to a dead woman?" Sharmarke asked, "I think you should calm down." Kenny suggested, Sharmarke looked at Kenny, "Do you know something I don't?" Sharmarke asked, "I-" before Kenny could explain himself Paris interrupted, "Nonnie I need your help," Paris said with panic, "What's wrong?" Nonnie asked, "Ricki was taken," Paris said, "Taken?" Nonnie asked, "She was in the kingdom getting some things for me and someone said they saw some men take her," Paris said, "And instead of telling your father or brother you decided to come here and tell me?" Nonnie asked, "I'M ASKING FOR YOUR HELP IN FINDING MY FRIEND!!!" Paris shouted, "Yell at her again and I'll slit your pretty little throat," Eós said with a smile.

Paris was hesitant to speak, "Good girl," Eós said with a smile, "Who are you?" Paris asked, "None of your business," Eós replied, "Look, I just want to find my friend," Paris said, "Do you know who would want to take her?" Kenny asked, "I have no idea, Ricki was loved by everyone," Paris replied, "Obviously not if someone took her," Eós said with an attitude, "Don't talk about her like that," Paris said and turned to Nonnie, "How can you stand here so calm?" Paris asked, "You've given me no information, I won't run into a situation blindly especially if my sister is involved," Nonnie replied, "I saw which way they went," Paris said, Nonnie began to question Paris but managed to keep her thoughts to herself.

Kenny was also questioning Paris but unlike Nonnie he couldn't keep his mouth shut, "Why are you here if you saw where they went?" Kenny asked, "Because I need help," Paris said, "Where did they go?" Kenny asked, "I can show you," Paris said and got in her carriage, Kenny and Sharmarke followed Paris into her carriage, "I don't trust her," Eós whispered to Nonnie, "I don't either, but we'll see what this about," Nonnie whispered, "If this goes left, I'll slit her throat," Eós whispered, "Fine by me," Nonnie whispered then she and Eós got into the carriage. Paris sat next to Kenny with a big smile on her face which led Eós and Nonnie to be more suspicious of her, but Paris didn't seem to notice.

They arrived at a small building next to a cliff and they all exited the carriage, "This is where I last saw them," Paris said, "Your friend is missing and you're smiling?" Eós asked, "It's a nervous smile," Paris replied, "She is not to be trusted," A voice whispered, "What the hell?" Eós asked, "What's wrong?" Paris asked with a smile remaining on her face, "Why did you bring us here?" Sharmarke asked, "I'm sorry Sharmarke, you were never meant to be a part of this," Paris said, "What have you done?" Sharmarke asked, "What I was told to do," Paris replied, rustling noises came from the woods, "They're here," Paris said, and two men wearing black long sleeve shirts, black pants, and black boots stepped into the open.

"Who are they?" Eós asked, "No idea," Nonnie replied, "We only want the diamond," One of the men said and pulled up his sleeve to reveal a pyrography of a sword with a dragon going through it and two drops of blood falling from it, "Oh shit," Eós said and pulled out her knife, "Wait who are they?" Kenny asked worryingly, "Remember when I said Zaynab was being hunted?" Nonnie asked, "Yeah," Kenny replied, "Well they are the clan that was hunting her," Nonnie said, "How do they know us?" Kenny asked, "I'm assuming the princess told him," Eós replied, "Give us the diamond and we'll give you your friend," The man said, "I need proof of life," Nonnie demanded, "I'm sorry I can't do that," The man said, "Then I can't give you the ring," Nonnie said, Eós smiled sinisterly.

"Then you will die," The man said, "Wait," Paris pleaded, "Please don't kill Sharmarke, take everyone else just not him," Paris begged and wrapped her arms around Sharmarke, "Unhand me," Sharmarke demanded, "Sharmarke please, you were never meant to be a part of this," Paris said as she began to cry. Eós threw two knives one for each of the men and they hit both me in the middle of their chest, "Double kill" Eós said with a smile and turned to Paris, "Let's make it a triple," Eós said with a smile, "No please," Paris tried to beg for her life but it wasn't enough and without any warning, Sharmarke pushed Paris off of the cliff.