The beginning

A crowd of sharmarkians were standing outside of the castle, "WHERE IS THE KING?" "WHERE IS SHARMARKE?" They shouted and shouted, waiting for an answer from Faysal but he stood there in silence. Looking over the crowd Faysal was thinking about Sharmarke's well being, "You'll be home soon King," Faysal whispered to himself, "Get on with the announcement," Charlotte demanded, "I don't think I can do this," Faysal said, "Wait," Ricki said to Nonnie and Niko, "I can feel him," Ricki said and started walking towards the castle, "You don't have a choice Faysal," Charlotte said, "What are you going to do? Kill me, Haven't you tried that already?" Faysal said sarcastically, "Don't push it Faysal," Charlotte said angrily.

Ricki, Nonnie, and Niko began to walk through the crowd towards Faysal, "Looks like your boyfriend is back," Faysal said sarcastically, Charlotte looked out into the crowd and saw Niko, "She saw me, We just made eye contact," Niko said to Nonnie, Charlotte jumped into the crowd and the sharmarkians cleared a path, "Why have you returned?" Charlotte asked, "This needs to stop," Niko said, "I was talking to her," Charlotte said, Nonnie lifted her sword, "Enough talking," She said, Charlotte smiled and pulled out her sword and the Sharmarkians began to scatter in fear.

Charlotte swung her sword and Nonnie blocked it with hers, Nonnie kicked Charlotte in her stomach and Charlotte began to stumble, Nonnie lifted her sword and cut Charlotte's arm, "How long does it take to finish an announcement?" Darkest asked himself, "King Sharmarke has been gone for a few days, The people are worried and they have many questions," A woman said, Darkest looked at her, "King who?" Darkest asked, "King Sharmarke," The woman replied, Darkest grabbed the woman by her throat, "King who?" Darkest asked once more, "King Darkest," The woman replied as she struggled to breathe, Darkest released her.

"You know I really thought we could be friends," Charlotte said, "You thought wrong," Nonnie said, Charlotte struggled to stand up straight, "My father always said his sister was the chosen one, The one who could wield the dragon sword, I had her killed and now you stand before me-" Before Charlotte could finish speaking Nonnie cut her leg, "You talk too much," Nonnie said, Charlotte tried to swing her sword but once again Nonnie blocked it and tripped Charlotte, Niko covered Charlotte, "Please don't do this," Niko begged, "She can be locked up for the rest of her life but please don't kill her," Niko said, Charlotte reached for her sword and plunged it through Niko's chest, "NIKO!!!" Ricki yelled, Niko fell to the floor with blood dripping from his mouth, Charlotte looked up and saw his body.