Episode 19 : undying world

Staring into the murky sky i saw pockets of aether getting drawn towards my presence thanks to my coat.

Normally aether is a lot more spread out and less condensed no matter where i went before, so it was interesting seeing it in large balls of orange and silver light.

The doors of the mess-hall blew open and flowing out of them were waves of military personal wearing black uniforms all laughing happily with each other. Blue patches of a flaming bird were attached to each one of them acting as a crest for them all, catching my attention.

"That's the same insignia i saw spray painted on the wall." Thorn stated, taking his beak out from under his wing to look next to me. "Reckon we can trust them?"

"If they're as... unhinged as i think they are, yes." I stated frankly. "The air about them doesn't really come off as professional or scheming after all."

Nodding to my observation Thorn agreed not saying anything

As the last of the flooding men left the building i spotted Dachau and his group along with the pilot picking up their gear from the floor putting what needed to be put back on while holding the rest in their arms.

"And then i said: donkey? I thought that was his mother!"

"Hahahaha!!" The soldiers laughed merrily bringing a smile across Thorn's beak.

After the captain picked up his helmet, he jogged over raising a finger as he swallowed down a final bit of food he still chewed on. A soft burp left his lips smelling of digested cheese then he spoke, "sorry about that. Lunch is at a fixed time so even if we were late because of a mission we wouldn't get any special service."

"It's fine." Standing up i didn't realize how long i had been sitting down for with how my legs forgot to work for a second, "it gave me some much needed time to catch my breath and thoughts at least."

smiling happily Dachau reorganized the gear he was holding under his arms. "Thats good to hear. Thank you for waiting here as well. The C.O. Would have had my head if you wandered around by yourself."

"There a chance i can meet a commanding officer?" I asked as i overheard the pilot asking where his keys were.

"I have to take you to meet one right now actually. Don't worry about being informal or anything like that. Its only in the field or when the strict rp people come by that we need to address by rank and such." Gesturing the way Dachau took me with him, Thorn followed suit shifting into a wolf to follow us.

"Rp people?" I asked as i spotted a bat like creature flying in the sky get shot down

"Role play."

"Ah- role play?" Stuttering i was surprised to hear a word I'd only heard on earth here. "As in pretending your a rich guy or an actor in a play?"

Dachau chuckled to my bewildered expression as we walked, "Hehe, yeah. Some people get bored like that."

Walking along the wall of a building i observed the army of black suited men and woman playing a game of sports I hadn't seen in a while as they kicked a ball around with their feet. Shooting in between two vehicles being used as goal posts.

'This place is bizarre for a military. You'd think security would be tighter.' Thorn commented with a thought while also watching the game going on in the distance or more accurately, the busty woman that was running laps around everyone.

"This perverted dog." I mumbled under my breath, glad to see Thorn was the same as ever i turned to Dachau, "whose the woman over there?" Pointing at a lady with flowing ginger hair celebrating a goal as she shouted Dachau's cheeks blushed.