Episode 23 : homunculus or monster?

***
"Now, can you remember any key details, little sprout?" Elysia smiled warmly as she sat next to Neveah by the fish pond surrounding the oak tree at the center.

"A little... I know that if we want to leave we need to find the central terminal being protected by the <quest line> now at least." The young teen acted unsure of herself and the memories that had finally been decrypted in her mind. "I'm really trying but they're hard to understand..."

"Take your time, cutie. We've already been waiting a long time for a chance like this to appear. A little more time spent in patience does no harm to us." Comforting the young female Elysia hugged Neveah softly, pushing her head into her prominent chest drawing Raptor and Yun's attention from their card game with the other's while I at least had the decency to look away and refocus on modifying my handgun.

Elysia's caring nature is needed to ensure Neveah can properly recover Order's memory. With it no stress can risk damaging them and Neveah will be capable of fully recalling them.

"Where is he?!" A crash echoed in the cave along with two very angry voices

"Take it easy you two! Before doing anything rash at least hear him out." Another voice attempted to calm the two others as they shouted but understanding that the returnees rage was warranted i placed the weapon I was improving upon down.

Standing up from my seat I walked away from the common area where most of the visitors in my bunker were gathered and set for the lift.

"Invoker! Show your face coward!" Thorn's voice howled in the cave and I spotted him flapping his wings near the top of the cave looking for me. When his misty white eyes landed on me the phantom bird bolted straight down for me.

Accepting my fate I reached my arms out getting ready for whatever punishment was to come.

Tackling into my chest Thorn shoved me into the dry stone floor of the cavern slightly sinking his talons into my abdomen as he held his pointed tail right above my left eye. "You dropped a nuke on us! We had to walk ten days through clouds of raining ash and radiation until Durvin finally found us!"

"If you are willing to-" a black javelin made of compressed ash embedded itself in the floor just a few centimeters short of my face cutting off my sentence.

"We went out there to get those resources for you and you nearly killed us, Invoker!" Pettel shouted as he jumped down from the raised platform, cracking the ground with his weight and aether as he landed. "We travelled for five days to get there then you decide to use ancient armaments to prevent a threat that hadn't properly built itself yet!"

"If you give me a chance to-" Thorn hissed his beak in my face angrily telling me to shut up and I did so.

"No. You got lucky that there was a lead deposit near where Thorn had escaped to. You had no way to know in advance that there would be a place where we could be protected from the initial explosion of radiation from the regalius smasher!" Pettel yelled and the attention of all nine of the Kralscell's in the common area present got pulled onto him. "We may have known each other for nearly sixteen millennia but you do not get to pull pranks like this!"

Pettel pointed a finger of rage right in my face threatening to poke out my right eye just like Thorn's tail was near enough to poke out my left eye, but I stayed unfazed and emotionless, waiting for the two to get their irrationality out quickly.

"Just what in the fuck were you thinking when you sent death itself to 'save' us?!" Thorn used the feathers of his wings to enunciate air quotes to push his point forwards. Pettel was just as eager to ask this but Thorn beat him to it unfortunately