Episode 27 : the void breathes past the horizon

The war outside the city continued to rage on as both sides tore each other apart

The ink-spirits of Strife's taken army battled and ravaged against the invading humans gunfire. Managing to win the battle even though they were being bombed by mortars, air strikes, and other long ranged explosives as they rapidly swarmed the human invaders.

Compared to the sheer volume of Strife's ink monsters the roughly 100,000 army that opposed them was only waiting for death to take them now that all the aircrafts have finally stopped coming out of the hole in the sky.

Tch-chuchuchu!

Cutting straight above Strife's black army, a pillar of writhing ink blasted out, crashing straight into the kneecap of the giant grey ogre making it scream in pain. Allowing time for the knightly titan the ogre fought to crash a heavy fist strike directly into the ogre's flappy neck.

"How is this happening?!" No answer came to the ogre as hundreds of much smaller inky knights and monsters were biting and slashing into it's feet. Trying to climb up the grey and revolting giant.

"General Raptor! All air reinforcements for the enemy has halted!" Chiming in through my radio the voice of one of the flak captains echoed out informing me. "However, three more of those giant airships have been sighted heading down. They're being protected at the very back of the pack. Your order's sir?"

Grabbing my radio i replied, "just ensure they don't enter the city, leave the rest to the bird in the sky. The power balance was just tipped in our favor, we can't lose it! Help those fighting for us in the city. Once the gods have been killed by the kralscell's we can help Strife in killing those outside."

"Roger! We'll use hit-and-run tactics with the anti-material rifles to weaken the invading gods!"

"Good luck." The radio buzzed out then i used my binoculars to look up at the sky. There really was three more of those 70-foot long airships and they were undoubtedly carrying more of those grey ogres like the one currently fighting outside the city.

I'm not sure whether Strife will be able to handle it alone. If he can enlist Prophet to help that would at least prove shes on our side for the moment and that would put my heart at rest for a time.

"Kroahhh!!" Howling flames all across the sky, Thorn continued to fly like silver and black emissary of death in the upper atmosphere as aircraft after aircraft that tried to fight him got blown apart by his silver flames.

With a powerful breath of pale fire Thorn melted the right wing of the closest airship with his silver aether flames and it started plummeting straight for the war zone outside Grigel. In a sudden push through reality and space with a. surge of aether Thorn suddenly jumped forwards like a comet briefly and cut straight through the entire right side of the second aircraft. Now behind the final airship Thorn released a guttural howl of silver flames into the engines at it's back and a quaking explosion ensued in the air.

The three giant airships were now all falling to the ground as heaps of burning metal. Thorn followed the three smoking carcasses down to the earth briefly but when a lone fighter aircraft shot into the horns at his forehead the black phoenix immediately hissed and rushed after the lone fighter.

The three airships all crashed around the dry tundra outside Grigel city, all being immediately surrounded by legions of Strife's ink-spirits. When the three giant ogres that were all 50-feet in height emerged out from the wreckages of the airship, the sky was filled with the roars of the fist covered ogres war cry's. "Goahhh!"

When i looked at Strife expecting to see a worried expression on his face through my binoculars all i saw was annoyance.

[skill: hollow void, summons!]