Episode 22 : the third string snaps

***
Angry snarling and banging of steps echoed out inside the airship as Mimir continued to try and combat against the turbulence of the rising altitude, gripping the sides of a glowing blue pedestal at the very front of the ship.

Sif and Cayde both had sword's drawn waiting for something to break in but nothing did

"Guah-" a beasts scream got cut off and the boat suddenly increased in speed with a sudden tug.

My senses with aether perception were telling me something powerful was fighting against the creatures trying to break into the ship, killing them off one after another but more and more kept latching onto the sides

Kuh- kroosh!

Ramming into the side of the hull, claws tore through the door and with a dreading squeak the entryway pulled open ever so slightly, sucking all the air out.

"We can't leave if there's a breach, your majesty!" Mimir shouted loudly as i gripped onto Cayde's arm, stopping myself from being sucked out as he locked his arm around a pillar

"I know!" Sif yelled back and using mana to weigh her feet down she trudged to the partly opened door, pushing it open to then deafen our ears with the bellowing howls of the air getting sucked out along with small oddities that weren't nailed down.

"Gahhhr!" Trying to climb it's way inside an eyeless tiger without fur and moist purple skin clawed at the edges around the opened doorway

"What the fuck is that?!" Cursing aloud i pulled [invective] out from its holster but by the time i had aimed it, a silver and orange spear had already pierced the frog-tigers skull, killing the abominable creature.

The monster let go of the side of the egg shaped spacecraft and dropped down to the surface as many more of the monsters dropped down from the sky with it.

"... was that you?" Looking at Cayde he shook his head.

"Close the door!" Mimir shouted like he was straining himself to keep the ship flying as he pushed into the side of the leaning pedestal trying to keep the boat flying straight.

Sif leaned her body outside the ship to try and pull the door back shut, as she did this her golden wheat hair bashed and flailed in the strong winds but beyond her I could see a shadow-bleeding figure, punching in the face of one of these malformed tigers.

Silver light condensed at the shadows right hands as a spear plunged into the tiger-frog hybrids skull.

For nary a second the shadowy figure looked at me with it's bleeding crimson eyes devouring my soul whole with terror as we locked eyes.

There were no words to describe how terrified I am. My whole body began to shake and a cold sweat quickly drenched my spine.

Ignoring me the shadow jumped off the dead frog-tiger's back, and leapt to tackle another into the side of the ship pushing it with ease upon impact

"What in bloody helheim was that!?" Mimir cursed aloud looking behind him for answers as he realigned the ship to only see me dripping with sweat and a pale face screaming for us to run.

"Ahhh!" Lady Sif screamed falling back inside the ship.

All attention turned to the doorway and a humanoid figure. bleeding shadows from its figure as silver embers and orange bolts shot out of his horrifying visage walked in from the doorway.

The bloodlust seeping out of him was far beyond any rational person should have, only if you were hate incarnate could you have such intent to kill.

Cayde for some reason was covering his eyes like he was being blinded by the amalgams shadow, Sif was crawling backwards on all fours, Mimir didn't dare to look behind himself, and i was paralyzed in place.