Episode 25 : shadow's sentiment

"The wood-carving is behaving in the mindscape. It's enjoying the plant life and the world tree's lushness especially, so once we find a forest somewhere we can dump it there and say sayonara." Relaying his experience of watching [unloved warden] within my throne-world Thorn made his hate for the apocalyi clear in his tone. "Just why are you helping it?"

"Personally i was thinking of letting you eat it and seeing if you can become a dragon like how you became a leviathan." Answering matter of factly Thorn gagged at my attempted humour.

"I'm sure that if i eat that thing I'm gonna get a fungal infection of some kind." Strutting across the stones in his wolf form as we walked Thorn joked back. Glancing to our right the wolf observed the monolith of the <quest line>, "what do you think they're all discussing right now?"

Looking over my shoulder at the cabin as we walked away i stated my mind, "something about distracting the <quest line> while the other's protect Neveah to get her to the console to open the sky probably. Durvin will probably be kept out of the plan considering he's the one who can pilot his ship, but I'd bet that other than myself and Pettel, he could probably make the <quest line> bow to him."

"What makes you say that?"

"Kralscell of invention, mastery over all technology, can manipulate the shape of any rock or metal with aether, and last of all he can potentially rewrite that mechanical snakes programming." I answered matter of factly

"If it were so easy i doubt Durvin would of been unable to handle Prophet, then." Contesting me Thorn lifted his lupine chin up to look at me

"If he got too close he would of been corrupted like i nearly was. For him to be able to rewrite her, he would need to touch her for more than a minute as well I'd guess considering how advanced she is." Kicking a stone in my path it rolled between Thorn's legs and he stopped.

Wondering why the shadowy wolf with horn's halted our walk i stopped to look down at him. "Why do you keep calling the machine a 'her', princess?"

"You heard her voice. Despite being a machine the voice is a women's." Rolling his head away Thorn was stirring trouble. "Why the question anyhow?"

Sauntering off ahead of me Thorn said, "i was wondering if you were getting the hot's for a machine." Bemused by the snarky joke i thought i heard a snigger from someone behind me. "Being artificial creation's of humanity i can see you two trying to hit it."

Facing the dry ground beneath my feet i knew that nothing i said would convince Thorn of it never happening. With a belated sigh i spoke out, "she did try to convince me to work with her."

"Would you look at that, your already flirting!" Thorn yelled in the distance as he got further away and i simply just sighed again to his sarcastic sense of humour

***
Walking through the cabin door the inside was lit by the crackling fireplace covering the rocks of the cabin's walls with a warm orange glow.

"Ah Strife, good timing." Calling my attention Raptor waved me over from the table he and the other's were all sitting at. "We just finalised the detail's of the plan. Take a seat and I'll explain the plan of action to open the supply hole."

With Thorn following behind me i walked to a gap in the table between Pettel and Elysia.

"My boys in Ignis did a lot of scouting operations of the monolith for me to try and find anything that could be of use to maybe attack the basin one day. I have the map they brought committed to memory so there shouldn't be much trouble." Waving his hand atop the table Raptor revealed an assortment of rocks lined up like a blueprint.