Episode 25 : machine encounters immortal

***
[skill: horizon chains, holds the illusion of terror]

"Please spare me!" Bowing it's head in front of me the wooden dragon that was supposed to be one of the original apocalyi -that are nearly on par with the kralscell's- was begging for it's life. "My name is [unloved warden]. I will follow you and willingly serve as your mount just please don't kill me!"

Finding it difficult to accept in this situation i looked at the three black leviathan's that had dragged the wood-bodied dragon from where my illusion had made it seem like it was eaten.

The three leviathan's however only thought about filling their stomach's with bark as they surrounded the cowardly dragon apocalyi

"I don't like f-fighting, oh powerful one! My mother tossed me aside b-because of my f-fear, i promise i won't do a-anything to harm you if you let me go! It was only because of the k-kralscell of Corruption's manipulation that i a-attacked you before!"

If the apocalyi could it would... nope, it has peed itself.

On the ice below it, the wooden dragon had leaked a yellow liquid onto the ice making even the leviathan's no longer want to eat it out of disgust.

Since the apocalyi was sentient and sounded like a child i found it difficult to want to kill it with it's snivelling speech. "Thorn, if your finished up there get down here. I need to talk to you about something."

Booming down in a blaze of silver glory, the massive ghostly phoenix flew down landing it's massive size right next to me on the ice as blood continued to flow into my blood-rings in the shape of a cape behind me while my supply of aether had made fixing my heart easy work as i only need a little more now.

I have enough aether to fix my central heart now but i want to use my excess aether from [blood quanta] to do it. I don't know how much trouble I'll be in later.

"What should we do with this one?" Asking the large bird that rivalled the wooden dragon in it's colossal size making me look like an ant, i could tell the disdain for it in Thorn's misty eyes without reading his thoughts.

"...would it count as iconoclasm if i killed it?" Thorn's word's terrified the childish fake drake, making it hide it's face with it's giant wood paws. Finding the same pity the three leviathan's had Thorn's face fell, "...it won't backstab you like that red haired bastard did. But it'll make our workload a lot easier if we just kill it. We won't be able to escape with it once the other's have escaped."

Remembering something i was struck with an idea, "wait... my [regalius breaker] can create a throne-world entryway without the gateway normally needed to allow beings to pass through. If i placed this kid inside do you think it would be fine if i left it alone in there?"

Getting our attention dragged to the right by a guttural roar, Thorn and I watched as Ouroboros, the giant ink knight titan, did the heimlich manoeuvre with [conquering sun], slamming it's blue feathered head into the frozen earth as if it were a wrestler.

"Mother fu..." subsiding his jealousy for Ouroboros, Thorn gave his thoughts to me looking back. "It's doable but you've not used it while sane yet. Think you can?"

Stepping forwards i channeled the aether made from the blood of countless apocalyi into my gauntlets black hands, electrifying the abyssal scales making the magenta feathers glow brightly. "Only one way to find out."

"Thank you oh merciful overlord of sentience! Thank you!" With sappy tears in it's eyes the giant wooden dragon sculpture lifted it's head wiping away the water falling down it's timber scales. "I will never forget this kindness!"

Gathering the aether i questioned how i would transfer [unloved warden] into the separate realm of my throne-world through my regalius breaker without dragging me along.