Episode 28 : Sephirim wrath

After Raptor and i had settled our differences he explained the current plan to myself and Thorn. Personally i had no words for it but my familiar on the other hand had plenty.

"This really is a shit plan." Thorn voiced on my behalf while i sat on a chair in project chariot's bridge.

"It's also the only viable one." Raptor was sitting next to me with a mug of liquor in his hand while Invoker took his place on the command platform. "Unless your willing to scout out the enemies numbers and strength, this is all we got." Taking a gulp of his drink Raptor relaxed right next to me.

"It's accurate enough to call it operation; blitz n' ditch, but i can't say I'm against it entirely." Waving my hand flippantly I continued talking. "If we do as you say, the enemy will be forced to retreat but we'll be completely stuck out in the open. I know some of the other kralscell's will be able to escape that pandemonium but the normal people will likely get shoved back into <archon hold>. Ignis' soldiers included."

Sighing Raptor repented, "i know. There's nothing that can be done though. Durvin said it himself, everyone on the cruiser will betray each other just to escape. Since it's already bound to happen we're using it to our advantage."

"I never said i blamed you for it." Falling back into my chair i looked out the front deck of the bridge and the yellow light had gotten much brighter.

Raptor eye balled me with a startled expression but smirked to himself. Understanding my intention with what i had said. "Good to know... good to know." Looking at the final drops of his liquor Raptor chugged the last of his drink then put it down. "Since that's the case i guess i should ask. Have you made your sixth blood-ring yet?"

"Not just yet. I have all the pieces but it's like I'm missing the central piece that connects them all in the puzzle." Picking up my right hand i gazed at the burn scaring, looking into the wrinkled red flesh which i used to grasp divinity.

"Expand on that. Maybe all you need is another viewpoint to sort it out." Raptor glanced at my right hand but showed little reaction to the burn scar other than some discomfort on his face. "Like someone who's weaker than a certain stranded vagabond."

"I don't see the harm in that." Shifting my gaze from my hand to Raptor i dropped it back onto my lap. "Ashreaver enhancement, the technique i use that accelerates my blood flow and aether collection, is the primary component. The spell has been taken apart and reorganised to be improved but... it's like I'm missing a ladder for the strength to rise up through. I'm using divinity as that ladder but it's like those are only conduits for the strength to pass through and not the spire itself."

"You mean the divinity you've been taking from those dead gods?"

"Yep." Thorn answered for me, slumping his ethereal body atop my clavicle. "The strings weave well together but theres no way to sew them into place without the fabric the needle needs to stitch into first."

"I think i get it... your saying you need a passage for the aether to course through other than your spine, correct?"

"I mean it in a more spiritual sense but your practically correct. Ashreaver simply increases my heart rate but for what I'm trying to turn an ocean into a river." Tensing my expression Raptor got a good idea of how annoying this problem has been for me. "Aether has been adamant in flowing this way rather than any other for some reason. Normally i can coerce it into place but it's been set on this path for some reason."

"Uh huh..." grasping a thought Raptor showed he had an idea already. "How much do you know about the world tree in your throne-world?"

Already questioning this i was skeptical but replied. "I know it's been with me ever since i woke up in hell, but until Durvin tried to trap me with a dream feather it was in a state of... suspended life, sort of. Incomplete but already deeply rooted. I know it serve's as a container for energy helping strengthen my throne-world and expand it and that this particular world tree has the name of; Sefirot. That's it though."