Episode 23 : a scar forgotten

***
"Yes! More! Struggle more!" Laughing like he was insane Strife clashed against Ghum handling the apostle of a god as if he were an infant.

After being slammed relentlessly into the collapsed wall of a building Strife tossed the bloodied body of the former samurai down the road and out of sight being followed by blasts of winds and screams of terror from the common folk

Ghum had been disgraced every way possible within the short time his fight with Strife had began but the havoc he wrought was immense.

Strife had told me of his purpose in Fecalon given by the <quest line> and i aided him in fulfilling his objective.

But i never imagined Ghum to be insane enough to wear the dead scintilla's of those that had fallen to the scintilla hunt decree like armor.

"Tatsuo!" Grabbing my arm Yuri dragged me back into reality and the burning fire collapsing the house suddenly bashed against my senses. "We need to get out of here, Tatsuo!"

"Right!" Picking up Yuri in her wheelchair i jumped over a log of burning wood and ran outside into the street where i saw just how much destruction Strife's conflict with Ghum had wrought.

"Dear god..." clasping her hands above her mouth Yuri was shocked by the city engulfed in silver flames around us.

I used some fire magic to kill Ghum's escorts but i controlled it enough so that it wouldn't spread like this! What happened? What has Ghum done?

Crashing through the tiled roof of a building, Strife collided into the upper floor of a house on the opposite side of the street. Watching Strife crawl out from the shattered wall he pulled out a stake of wood that had pierced his side and his wound closed up immediately.

"Raaahhhh!" Flying after Strife, Ghum extended his hand holding the trident to try and plunge it through Strife.

Ducking underneath Strife stepped out of Ghum's strike to then send Ghum flying through the wall's of another building - reducing it's entire second floor to rubble.

"Don't run away!!!" Screaming through his lungs Strife pushed off the wooden ground he was standing on demolishing what was left of the house he was inside as he lifted off to chase his opposer.

"That's insane... has Strife been holding back against me this whole time?" Impressed by my friends marvelous strength a glib smile spread up my face.

"Are you crazy?! Your friend is going to destroy the entire city fighting Ghum! You need to stop him, Tatsuo!" Yuri stressed aloud showing just how concerned she was

Putting her chair onto the ground i patted her head in an effort to calm the fair faced woman down. "Look at the street's, tell me what you see."

Confused by what i had asked Yuri darted her eyes around finding what i meant quickly. "Injured but not dead..."

"Correct."

There were groups of people spread out down the street. A baker had been burnt by the spreading silver fires, a child had been knocked unconscious, but no one was near death.

"Strife once told me he want's people to understand his suffering. That doesn't mean killing people randomly."

"Fine, you made your point, but Ghum isn't as merciful as Strife. He will kill anyone that get's in between their fight, you should help him!" Pushing me away to get going Yuri started rolling the wheels of her wheelchair heading for the city gate. "you called your wish a solitary pursuit of fire, right? Then pursue it!"

Despite the fact she's running away to save her own skin Yuri really can be quite encouraging. To think she would want me to chase my dream amidst the chaos.