Chapter 9

*Chilled's POV*

Nanners, Gassy, and I stand in the back of the living, laughing and talking as we watch everyone else dance. I can't help but laugh seeing Renee, Diction, and Smarty jump around like idiots, bumping into a random kid wearing a mask and grey hoodie. I look toward the middle of the group of people and I can't help but turn silent. Right in the middle of the group of dancers, I see Ze dancing with Kevin.

Breathe Anthony. He isn't yours. And even still, they're just dancing. They're just friends. There is nothing to get jealous over.

The song ends and changes to the next one. One with a much smoother beat. If this was a club, this is the perfect song for a guy to jump behind a girl and grind with her to, but no one would do that here. No one is brave enough to do something like that.

All of a sudden, I see Kevin grab Ze's hand and spin him around so that his back is to him. My eyes widen as I see him grab his hips and pull him close, so that their bodies are pressed together. I then use the wall to hold myself up as I see them start to move their bodies.

No. No! This isn't fair! I just started talking to him again! I never had the fucking chance to make a move! He does not deserve him!

"Chilled, are you okay," I hear Nanners ask.

I take a deep breath and say through my teeth, "I'm fine!"

Gassy follows my eyes to see what's wrong, and when he sees it, he looks back to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. He opens his mouth to say something, but gets interrupted when we hear Smarty say, "Hey guys! We want you guys to meet someone!"

We look over to him and see him, Renee, and Diction walking over with the masked kid. "This is Ryan, and his channel is Ohmwrecker!"

"You guys can call me, Ohm," he says.

"What's with the mask, man," Nanners asks him.

"What's with the rapey dolphin laugh you're so well known for?"

I start laughing at Ohm's joke, putting an arm around him and say, "I like this guy already!"

Gassy and Nanners start laughing as well. My eyes go back to the crowd of dancers, and I see Ze pushing himself away from Kevin and then running through the crowd. I look back to my friends and say, "Hey guys, I need to go to the bathroom! I'll be right back!"

I run out of the room and look around, just catching a bit of his foot as he runs up the stairs. I run up the stairs and watch from the top of the stairs as he checks each room before walking into one. Taking a deep breath, I walk down the hall to the room that he went into and check the door knob; it's unlocked. I then push the door open and stare at him as he leans against the bathroom counter, staring at me. I walk into the bathroom and close the door behind me.

We stay quiet, and just stare at each other. My heart is beating fast and hard.

What am I doing? Why am I here? What was my plan?

After about a minute, I decide to do the first thing to come to my mind. I walk up to him, grab his face, and kiss him.

His beard tickles my face, and I can feel how warm his lips are, but I don't feel him kiss back. I let him go and look at his face. It's red, and he's staring at me with large, white eyes.

He doesn't move. He doesn't say anything. All he does is stare.

I think I broke him.

I try to lean in and kiss him again, but he snaps back to reality and pushes me away before running out of the bathroom. What have I done?

*Ze's POV*

I run out of the bathroom and down the stairs. What the hell was THAT?! Why did Anthony kiss me? There weren't any alcoholic drinks here, so he isn't drunk. So why did he do it? Was it a bet? A dare? I don't know, and I don't care! I have to get out of here!

I run into the kitchen and see Jordan, Dan, and Kevin in here. I take a deep breath and walk up to them. "Jordan, can you take me home?"

"What? Dude, you were the one invited here! Why do you want to leave now?"

"I'll explain later! I just...I want to go! Can you please take me home?"

Kevin puts his hand on Jordan's shoulder and says, "I'll take him! Just give me the keys and you and Dan can catch a ride with Spoon or Sly!"

Jordan looks at me and, I guess, sees something in my eyes. "Alright! I'll be home later tonight, Ze! Just let me know when I get home if you want to talk about whatever is bothering you."

"Thanks, Jordan!"

Kevin then puts his hand in the middle of my back and pushes me towards the front door. Kevin walks in front of me to go open the door, and I turn around and look up the stairs. There, I see Chilled, just standing there, staring straight at me.

I feel my heart start to pound in my chest and I quickly run out of the house the moment Kevin opens the door and run to the car. He rushes after me and pulls me in for a hug.

"Ze, dude, what's wrong?"

"I just want to go home. Please, can we just hurry up and go?"

He sighs and unlocks the doors. I jump into the car and wait for him to get in and start the car. This is so not what I wanted to happen tonight.