Chapter 44

*Ze's POV*

As I wait for Chilled to get to the house for our date today, I decide to have a little talk with Jordan, so we can see how things have been going with the rivalry. According to him, things have seemed to settling down greatly between the groups and it does seem like both groups are at the point where the with a little push, we may be able to bring the groups together. And apparently, he and Max have a plan to do that one push, and they want to have it done by next week. The only thing is that we can get through to the last two people in the groups by the end of this week.

"So what have you guys come up with?"

"Now, I'm actually going to leave that as a surprise."

"Oh come on, Jordan. Tell me."

"Just worry about getting Kevin to talk to Chilled and getting Diction to talk to you."

I'm about to start begging him again, but stop when we hear the doorbell ring. I smile and jump off of the couch, running to the door so I can meet Chilled. Jordan starts laughing at me, saying that I look like this is my first date with him.

I just ignore him and throw the door open for Chilled. I automatically throw my arms around him and kiss him before I even say hi, and he drags me to his car. Once we get in, he starts driving through town until we're almost in the city, but he pulling into the parking lot of a past time that everyone in our school loves to do every now and then.

"No way!"

"Yup! Welcome to the Rainbow Shot, the best please for laser tag and paint ball in town!"

I particularly start jumping up and down in my seat. "Oh my god! I've always wanted to come here!"

Chilled laughs, "I knew you'd love this date."

We start pulling into a parking space, but then I remember something from yesterday. Something that Chilled told me. "Hey Chilly, how was this going to help me with Diction?"

He looks over at me through the corner of his eye before he puts the car in park and starts scratching the back of his head. "Oh, it's nothing. I just may have invited him to join us in a little friendly game of paintball."

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Relax Ze; I'm going to make sure that you too are on the same team, so he won't attack you, and I also invited the other Angels to join... Some of them said no, but still, I invited them."

I sigh. "It's not going to matter what I say. Let's just go in and pray that Diction doesn't kill me."

"Come on Ze," Chilled says as we get out of the car. "Diction may be a dick and may have almost killed you before, but I know that he won't kill you here, if we get you on the same team as him."

"And what makes you say that?"

"Because he's competitive as fuck, so all you need to do is kick the other team's ass, and you should be in."

"Will you be on our team too?"

"I'll try babe."

We then walk across the crowded parking lot and walk into the building. "So who did you get to agree to come over?"

"Well... That's kind of the thing... The only person who agreed to come was Ohm."

"Wait what?!"

"Well, as I said, I invited everyone from the Angel House to come, but Max apparently had plans to meet Jordan to talk about the groups, Renee had to take Malcolm to the vet, Smarty somehow got a date, and Adam had plans with Cathy."