Chapter 33

*Ze's POV*

When we see Jordan and Max in the doorway, time seems to freeze around us. Shit! How did they find us? Why are they here? Why aren't they in the courtyard, eating in our usual spots?

"Ze," Jordan says, walking into the room with his hands on his hips.

"Chilled," Max says, walking in after Jordan with his arms crossed.

"What's going on here," Jordan asks.

I pull away from Chilled, losing the courage I had this morning to tell them about us long ago. I then look to the floor, not knowing what to tell them, but Chilled quickly takes me hand and whispers to me, "Don't worry. It's okay."

I then look up at him as he takes a deep breath and says, "I'm pretty sure you guys know what's going on here."

"So that post on Reddit," Max asks.

"Most of that wasn't true... But the police chase and me and Ze being on Make-out Hill was."

"So why did you let Diction beat Ze to this point," Jordan asks.

"I didn't know what to do at the time. But once I really woke up and saw what he was doing, I jumped in."

"Well," Max starts, but stops when we hear a bunch of different footsteps running our way.

Within seconds, the rest of the Creatures and Angels show up in the doorway, ready to say something, but stop themselves when they see me and Chilled. James then says something for the rest of them. "Uh, what did we miss?"

"Come in, guys," Jordan says, not taking his eyes off of us. "We were just questioning these two lovebirds."

They wait for everyone to come into the room and shut the door behind them before they continue. "As I was saying," Max starts. "How long has this been going on?"

I then say, "Two months."

"How the hell did you two hook up for two months and hide it from us," Aleks asks.

"Simple," I tell them. "We started dating the second week of school, the Monday after the party-"

I'm then cut off by Jordan and Max yelling at the same time, "Are you kidding me?"

I'm guessing they're remembering that they were the ones who made us stay home that day.

"How did you two hook up that day," Jordan asks.

"Well, I went to the old pizza place that we use to go to back in middle school," I tell them.

"And it just so happens that I was going there around the same time," Chilled finishes.

"And to finish answering your question, Aleks, our dates were always late at night, and we always talked when we were in a different room than you guys."

Max's eyes then widen and he hits himself in the forehead. "So that's what you've been fucking hiding! Fuck! I knew you were hiding something behind all of those fucking stupid ass lies, but I didn't think this was it!"

I start giggling, remembering all of the stupid lies Chilled came up with to hide our relationship. "So that's what you and Chilled were doing two weeks ago," Jordan says. "You weren't talking; you were on a date." I nod at him.

We then look at each other and then back to them. I wrap my arms around one of Chilled's arms and say, "Jordan."

He then says, "Max," and we wait for them to look at both of us.

"I love him," I tell them. "And I don't want to lose him."

"Look at all of the fucking shit we had to go through to see each other," Chilled says as he reaches his other arm over and starts rubbing one of my arms. "Please don't make us break up."