Chapter 46

(In SpongeBob's Narrator's Voice) *The Next Day*

*Chilled's POV*

I walk down the practically empty school hallways with a big smile on my face. Yesterday went amazing. The groups actually made a lot of progress in ending the rivalry once and for all. They all actually talked to each other and laughed with each other. To the people around us, this seems like we've actually managed to become friends, but we all know that we still have some work to do. It just looks like everyone else are more willing now than they were a week ago.

I turn the corner and start walking to my locker, but stop when I hear someone calling my name. When I turn around, I feel my heart stop. It's Jess.

"Anthony! I need your help! Please!"

"Jess; what's wrong?"

"Anthony, some guy kidnapped Plumbob and Bolshevik!"

"What?!"

"He told me that if I didn't pay him five thousand dollars by tonight, he was going to kill them! Anthony, I don't know what to do! I don't have that much cash and it will take me forever to get it! I don't want them to die; Anthony please!"

I pull her into my arms and let her cry into my shoulder. "Shh, shh, it's okay, Jess. It's okay. Look, I'll talk to the guys, I'll get all the money I have saved up, I'll even sell my blood. We'll save them okay. Everything is going to be okay. I'm not going to let them get hurt."

She pulls herself out of my arms and looks up at me, tears still streaming down her face. "Are you really willing to go that far to save them, Anthony?"

"Yes, of course."

"... Just how far are you willing to go to save them?"

"As far as I possibly can go and that I have to."

"Really? You mean all of that?"

"Yes, of course, Jess. I know you got to keep them when we broke up, but I still love them too."

She smiles. "Thank you so much, Anthony." Suddenly, I feel myself being pulled away from my locker and I feel Jess pull me down the hall and push me against a wall. Before I can say anything, she jumps on me and starts kissing me.

I try to push her off of me, but when I barely get away from the wall, she wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me on top of her, spinning us around so that she's against the wall now. After a while of fighting, I finally give up and kiss her back, tasting her sweet cherry lip gloss and letting my hands roam the familiar body I haven't touched in months. It's all so nice, but it's nothing compared to Ze.

I place my hands on her hips and try one more time to pull her off of me, and I finally manage to do so. However, it isn't until after we hear the shocked and heart-breaking gasps from Steven behind us.

*Ze's POV*

The moment my eyes land on my boyfriend and his ex-girlfriend, I feel my heart shatter. I can't believe what I'm seeing. This is a dream! This has to be a dream! No, not a dream. A nightmare!

...

No, this is all real.

"Anthony," I say, stepping closer to him as he ex runs away. "Anthony, how could you?"

"Ze, please. I can explain."

"Explain what, Anthony?! I just saw you making out with your fucking ex-girlfriend, and you're fucking dating me! There's nothing you can say to change that!"

"Ze, please! I didn't- she's not-"

"Anthony, I just said there's nothing you can say to change what you've just done! But, I need to know, how could you do this to me? Did these past few months mean nothing to you? All the work we put in to bring the end the rivalry? Were you just using me for sex and to bring the groups together? Was I just a play thing to you?!"