Chapter 17

*Ze's POV*

Once I get home, I slide to the floor with a big, goofy smile on my face and my heart still racing. I can't believe Chilled likes me back, and we're going to go on a date! This has to be the best day of my life! I can't wait until everyone gets home so I can-

My eyes widen as I realize something horrible. Even if Chilled and I like each other, our friends still don't. The rivalry is still going on! They're not going to be happy when they hear that Chilled and I kissed again or when they hear about Chilled asking me out!

Oh crap! What am I going to do?!

I quickly pull my phone out and dial Chilled's number and wait for him to answer.

"You just saw me a few minutes ago, Ze. Did you miss me that fast?"

"Chilled, we have a problem!"

"What's wrong?"

"Two words; the rivalry."

He goes silent for a few seconds, probably realizing what I mean. "Oh fuck! I completely forgot about that!"

"What are we going to do, Chilled? We finally got together; I don't want to lose you already because of this stupid rivalry."

"I know, Ze. I don't want to lose you either. Just let me think for a little bit, and I'll come up with something."

I stand up and start walking to the back of the house, just so I can try to calm myself down. However, when I get to the kitchen, I look outside and see Kevin's cat, Hox, sitting by the back door, meowing, wanting to come in.

Shit. How is Kevin going to take the news that Chilled and I are dating? He's going to be crashed! I don't want to hurt him, but Chilled-

"I got an idea!"

"What is it?"

"Why don't we just keep this a secret? Since I have a car, I can pick you up at any point of time, early morning or late at night, and we don't have to tell our groups we're dating until we find a way to make Jordan and Max make up and be friends again. You know, since they are the ones who keep the rivalry going."

"Well, that's a good plan, but I don't know if it will work. How are we going to make them be friends again?"

"Well, you said that they started fighting because Gassy got lazy, but I don't think that's true, and I have a feeling you feel the same way."

I open the back door and finally let Hox come in. "And you're surprisingly right. I think there's more behind the story, but I don't know what it is, and Jordan isn't saying anything."

"Yeah, and it's the same thing for Gassy."

I look at the clock on the oven and see that it's 11am. I still have a few hours before the guys come home. I wonder.

"Hey Chilled, since we have a few hours, why don't we do a little snooping."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you go look through Gassy's room and see what you find and I'll look through Jordan's room."

"Oooh, that's a great idea, Ze! Alright, let's start looking through their rooms right now! I'll text you tonight so we can talk about what we found."

"Sounds like a plan, Chilly! I'll talk to you later."

We then hang up and I shut the back door. I then run up to Jordan's room and throw the door open. I know that it's been three years since Max and Jordan started hating each other, but if there is anything that is going to tell us why they started fighting in the first place, it would most likely be in here.