Chapter 4: An Unsolicited Apology

Katee unlocked the door to her room in the hostel her shoulders slumped from such a miserable day she then dropped her things and sank to the single couch I the small living room sobbing her heart out. She couldn't understand why all these things were happening to her.

A knock on the door drew her out of her state and she looked wearily at the door. Taking careful steps to the door she opened it and was surprised to see Max with Caro and they were carrying bags.

"Hii.... do you need something" Katee asked subtly wiping her  tears trying to sound cheerful.

"We brought you food stuffs and clothes courtesy of Mr. Grey and my wardrobe. Hope you didn't forget we have lessons to begin" Caro said while Max walked into the apartment not waiting for an invitation Katee realised that this was probably her life now and she had to deal with it.
"Okayy..."
Go changed into a short and top...." Katee nodded and complied with the order.

She headed to her room with the bag of clothes before turning it over on her bed staring at the pile. Some were clothes she could wear as casual but majority looked like a hookers costume. She changed as ordered before walking into the living room.
Something was cooking and by the smell it would be delicious. Katee watched Max move around the kitchen that wasn't really separated from the living room.

"Come put on this heels our feet should be the same size" Caro said leaning on the couch.

Katee walked forward cautiously and with the help of Caro put on the heels she took some steps forward and almost toppled to the ground.

"You haven't been on heels before have you?"
"No"
Okay then from the scratch then
****

"Why did you bring me all these things" Katee asked while they were eating.

"I don't think there is anything in this house you can eat don't want you dieing from starvation now. Besides it was Max idea to ask Mr. Grey. He will give you food stuffs weekly till you start working and can earn for your self." Caro explained patiently she was nice more nice than Katee expected.

"Thank you" Katee said to both of them grateful for their help atleast she won't be starving anytime soon.
"That's enough already don't you all have some training to do or something" Max asked taking out a smart phone and handing it to her.
"There it's my old phone already added my contact. For you to call me when ever you need a ride to school and back which is well till you are trusted."

"Th....."
"Don't say it"

*****
Katee removed her seatbelt and opened the car door to step down. She closed the door and Max zoomed off.
She began her walk into the school building ignoring every other person. She had almost reached her locker when she saw her step siblings standing by it from the look of things they were awaiting her arrival. Her instincts told her to switch direction and she was about to do just that when her name was called.

Sandra caught up with her and Caleb was approaching her.
"I'm sorry about what we said yesterday we know you would never HOE around we are just worried about you why don't you come back home we miss you" Sandra said sweetly though emphasising on the word HOE.
"Yh we are.. sorry" Caleb said making Katee raise a brow at him. She was suspicious as to why they were doing this.

"I have some concealer in my locker do you want some for that bruise and those hickies."

Katee ignored her remarks on the hickey and proceeded to her locker. She left them behind after grabbing her notes. Something was off and she could tell. They couldn't just apologise that easily.

****
"I can't believe you actually apologised to that lowlife."

"I didn't want to but Papa ordered that we both apologise to her" Katee placed her palm over her mouth to avoid being discovered.  She was I'm a toilet stall and she recognised one of the voices as Sandra's

"So he is preferring her to you both"
"Of course not don't be stupid. Dear old dad said it is important to his buisness partners that she doesn't unwanted attention especially that of the cops."
"I just don't think you should have to apologise to her in front of all those students."

"Oh don't worry just because I can't attack her directly doesn't mean I can't hurt her from the shadows."

After she was sure they had left Katee stepped out of the stall and washed her hands sighing at her reflection in the mirror.