Chapter 31: Keep The Baby.

Where the line between right and wrong blurs

                               ****************

"I just want to know whose baby it is. She claims its yours but I wanted to confirm. I have the medical team ready incase you decide its not yours or you don't want her keeping it." Katee looked at Lucas surprised by his words. She had thought he was on her side but seems like that was just the effect of the drugs.

"It's mine for sure... it stays" Katee wasn't happy. Though she didn't want to remove it, she couldn't bare the thought of giving birth to a child who would take after Adam. He was staring at her so she looked back at her feet

"Do you think it's a good idea keeping it. Father barely let Aarav keep the child and now you too are following suit. Remember Lia's delivery hasn't been up to 3 weeks"

"That's the good thing he is still happy about his grandson I'm sure he wouldn't be that angry hearing he is going to have another..."

"...No I strongly forbid it. She will not be having your child" Lucas stared at Adam 'I told you so' written all over his expression. Adam took in a deep breathe. He hadn't expected him to be against this. He didn't even object this vehemently when it was Aarav.

"Dad you have always wanted us to start a family early" his father slammed his fists on the table obviously agitated.

"Yes with a lady from a well respected and powerful community not a ten dollar whore you picked from the street" Adam thought back to Katee who was currently locked up in his room with three maids and a guard because he didn't think she felt happy about his baby and didn't want her doing anything stupid. She was a lot of things but a cheap whore wasn't one of them. He could testify to that after all Cassuis had reluctantly given him 6 hours with her for a hundred grand.

"Why don't you want me to be with her?" Adam asked genuinely confused.

"Alessandro play me video 1067" The guard who was standing aside in the office went up to a drawer, retrieved the flash and played the requested video.

After the 40 seconds long video had played Adam realised it would take a lot to change his father's mind. "As you clearly saw you were willing to kill your blood brother here for her when she was just a whore if she becomes the mother of your child only heavens know what you wouldn't do for her"

"That was wrong of me I accept my wrongs but it will never happen again.
That will be the last time." Adam's father Damon scowled at him. He was slowly losing control of his son because of a lowly slut. Usually Adam would never question his order.

"The only way you'll get to keep this child is if you agree to get rid of her permanently after she delivers" Adam thought about it he wasn't sure he wanted to kill her anymore but his father didn't need to know.

"I will personally take care of that once she delivers"

****
Katee was sitting on the floor cross-legged when the door opened and Adam walked in. The maid who was about to help her loose her matted hair stood up and so did the others.

Adam paused and looked at Katee then at her hair. For the first time he noticed it was tattered and needed attention.

"Leave!" His tone came out more severe than intended and it made Katee scared. She couldn't bare the mere thoughtbof him taking out whatever anger this was from out on her.

"Come!" Katee looked at his palm stretched forward and hesitatingly used his support to stand up.

She didn't expect to be led into a walk in closet bigger than her room in the mistress house.

"Pick an outfit we are going somewhere" Katee was all so suddenly terrified Adam couldn't tell why for a moment till he remembered the last time she was dressed up for an ousting with him he almost chopped her head off with an ax.

"I'm not planning to kill you this time around"

***
Katee was guided into the back seat by Adam's driver who she was seeing too often recently.

"Boss KABEC enterprises is holding a board of directors meeting this evening by 4:30pm it is very vital that you attend" Adam's assistant hurriedly appeared before they could leave.

"It's 12:18pm I'll be there for the meeting. You find your way there I will be going for the meeting directly not coming back here"

"Get down" Adam opened the door to Katee's seat and she quickly obeyedhis instructions. In all honestly she didn't want to go anywhere.

A white sports car was parked just a few steps in front. Adam helped her sit in and engaged her safely belt. His gentle man behaviour wasn't enough to move her hatred for him. As the car drove out the gate Katee killed any hope she might have had of escaping as the 2 cars in front and three behind reminded her that as long as Adam was involved her cage could always increase in size but freedom was a fairy-tale.

****

Katee walked beside Adam now spotting a new hairstyle. She never wanted to make brauss but it was his choice and it sure as hell was more important than her choice.

A cute guy passed her a note with a smile before walking away
'If beauty was measured by drops of water you'd be an Ocean' For the first time in a long time Katee genuinely smiled and it didn't go unnoticed by Adam. He had decided to ignore the passing exchange buy seeing her smile so widely he snatched the note and read it.

With a single gesture of his hand and the gaurds dragged the young man out of the mall.

"...Adam it was just a harmless note. Please" Katee said this for the hundredth time while the guards kicked and hit the young man on the ground. He was pulling her away from the back of the mall. She didn't want any more blood on her conscience.