Chapter 15: Running Away

Katee slowly opened her eyes groaning annoyed by the sunlight coming through the window. She sat up and stood up from the bed. The sore feeling between her legs was what finally awakened her senses fully.
She stared around the room as memories of the last time she was conscious rushed in. This wasn't her room.
She also noticed that she was clad in female pyjamas that certainly weren't hers. Katee's attention moved to the door the minute she heard it creak. Warily she stared at Caro who walked in.

"Thank God you are awake!" The girl in question on the other hand wasn't sure she wanted to be awake.
"Here drink this" Caro said handing her a pill with a glass of water before wiping Katee's tears.

"Where..."
"Max's private apartment" Caro replied when she realised Katee wasn't speaking much.

"I made breakfast" despite Caro's attempt to be cheery the girl wasn't having any of it.
"Not eating" With that Katee crawled back to the bed and buried her self beneath the blanket. She couldn't hold back her tears any more. The fact that Caro was acting like nothing happened hurt even more. That monster raped her and no one tried to help her. She dug her fingers into her palm thinking of how this wouldn't have happened if her mom didn't die, if her father wasn't a weakling and if her stepmother never walked into her life.

"I'll come back later"

******
Katee walked into the gallery and immediately headed to the office of the manager. She was a regular face around there so the receptionist immediately let her see the manager.

"Katee what brings you here? I wasn't expecting you till 2 weeks time" The middle aged woman behind the desk smiled at her.

"I'm quitting. I just want to collect payment from the sale of my previous artworks." The woman was visibly moved by the words from the young girl in front of her.
"I thought you said you needed the money why are you suddenly quiting? Is it about the payment I can increase your percentage."

"I don't have much time before I'm needed at work I just need the money right now." Katee looked out the window after saying her mind. Her gaze was fixed on  something on the street a certain black car that always followed her was parked on the street. Previously it didn't bother her that much but things were different currently

"Fine your current payment is 12 grand. I'll write you a cheque.."
"NO!" Katee interrupted suddenly.

"Ok we will transfer it to whatever account you wish"
"No I want it in cash" the woman raised an eyebrow becoming suspicious.

"Why would I keep that amount of money lying around in my gallery? Why do you also need the money so urgently? Are you in some kind of trouble?" Katee thought about it she couldn't tell this woman she was running away and needed the money urgently so she quickly improvised.

"If you look out your window you will see a black lexus on the street with plate number GKE 014JF I owe them money and they are waiting for me to bring it out if I leave here without the money in cash it would be fatal not only for me but you too"

The woman looked out and noticed the car.
"You.... How could you show those dangerous people my gallery?

"They dragged me into their car and asked for their money. You are the only person who owes me that kind of money. I did try I even begged for them not to follow me into your office." Katee added more things into her lie and in the end it seemed to work the woman quickly opened a secret wall to reveal a safe.

"There that's the money don't come back here I don't want any trouble. You should mind who you borrow from next time" The woman was scared but didn't hesitate to give her a advice to Katee that was one of the nicest things anyone had done for her.

"Thank you"

.....Katee pulled her hoodie over her head and hailed a taxi. She quickly got in.

"The airport." Was all she said and the driver started the journey. All the while her mind was on the car following her. Who did they work for?
Max already confirmed that it wasn't for Mr. Grey so who.

The driver came to a stop just a small distance from the airport wondering what was wrong she looked up to see the black car in their way. The doors opened and she watched two men get down from the car headed towards the taxi.

"Don't open the doors" she said suddenly to the driver who nodded meekly he was an old man who seemed very fazed by what was taking place.

One of the men knocked on her window probably signalling her to get down but she refused to move a muscle.

In a blink of an eye they pulled out guns and Katee could feel her heartbeat race. She wasn't dumb and knew there was no escape so she paid the taxi man and stepped down from the car.

"We will take you back to your apartment" with that they both grabbed her arm.

"On who's order?" She questioned refusing to move.
"That's not for you to know" they ended up dragging her and dumping her in the back seat. Her trashing around did nothing to deter them.

In the King's Mansion......

Adam and his brothers were gathered together. It was one if those rare occasions where they spent time together.

A guard walked in and bowed drawing the attention of the brothers to him self.
"What is it?" Pablo the Eldest asked
The guard quickly faced Adam and bowed again.

"She was heading towards the airport but they already returned her to her apartment." Adam chuckled lightly did she really think it was that easy to run away.

"And who told them to stop her?" His question shocked the guard were they to just let her go.

"If she wants to play catcher I should at least give her that. Ahhh what a waste leave!" The guard scurried out the door not thinking twice.

"Dude you have been watching this girl for 2 years now  isn't it time you make up your mind on whether you want her or not" Lucas asked and his brothers supported him..
"I thought if I fucked her once I'd be able to put a name to my emotions for her. I did that but it just became more complicated."
"How was she like in bed" Seth asked purely amused by his brother being conflicted over any matter.
"I won't be able to watch the game with you guys later in the day i have someone to meet....."