Chapter 28; Regret It

"So you want to leave" Adam chuckled but he obviously wasn't amused. He pulled her back and threw her against his desk.
"What makes you think I'd do that? Let you go? You must be crazy Katee." Katee shrunk back rolling of the desk her back hit the floor hard but she refused to be stopped trying to avoid the rage she could feel him building up.

"I'm sorry please forgive me for asking" Katee stopped when she realised he wasn't going to reason with her.

"I fucking fought a lot of men for your life and now you think you can leave just like that." Katee wanted to remind him that she never asked him to do so. She wanted to cry and freaking tell him she had suffered worse staying with him. He had raped her, treated her worse than dog, assaulted her, killed people dear to her all in the space of 60 days the list could go on and on.

"Do you think you can survive out there all on your own? You don't know a thing about the outside world" Katee pressed her self against the wall trying to reduce her presence.

Adam suddenly started to laugh scaring her it was creepy but he stopped as suddenly as he started. "Fine Katee. I'll let you go but you surely will wish you didn't ask for it"

The next morning...

Katee's sleep was distrupted by two servants walking in. They explained how they were assigned to prepare her. She didn't know what she was preparing for but a part of her held on to the hope that maybe Adam would let her go. She also wanted to prove him wrong she'd never regret this decision.

No matter what he thought it was the right and sane option.

**
"Here we are..." Katee couldn't really guess what it was but he seemed much more handsome this fine afternoon that any other time.

She looked at the trees and then back up at the sun in the sky. On a normal afternoon-If her afternoon could be called normal- she would appreciate the scenery but at the moment the vibes Adam gave left her feeling more scared than she had felt in a while.

"Do you know why I brought you here?" Katee shook her head replying the negative. How was she meant to know what his intentions were. She could barely ever read his expression so no she didn't.

"Words"
"No I don't"
"Well Katee this was were I buried my first love Lakeisha..." He had this smile on his face as he spoke about it making the alarms in the poor girls head go off. He obviously wasn't smiling about something nice.

"She was the first girl I ever actually liked as a teenager, but she didn't like... She detested me to say the least. I was a demon but Lucas was always her Knight in a shining armour." If she didn't know it before she was sure now. She had to leave before something bad happened but he obviously wouldn't let her go like that.

The driver who brought them there handed something over to Adam. Katee gasped and staggered a few steps away from them. The ax in Adam's hands was a bad thing her mind was telling her to run but she didn't want to. The small part of her brain still functioning properly knew that was what he wanted. A cat and mouse chase. Obviously she was the mouse about to be caught and gobbled up.

"Katee I was going to keep you make you my mistress so you could stay alive longer. But you were dumb enough to want to leave. You know too much about my brothers and I to leave here alive" she took hurried steps backwards as he approached her lazily swinging the axe that if allowed would be chopping off her head clean.

She didn't want to beg and admit he was right. When he told her she would regret her decision she hadn't thought about it this way.
"Please I swear I won't say a thing to any body" she was scared beyond scared even. The demented look on Adam's face showed he wasn't lying. She could believe how what was meant to be just a single private dance, a one time affair at most led to all this.

"You won't be telling any one alright after all the dead don't snitch" he raised the ax about to swing for her throat when the driver reappeared and interrupted.

"I thought I said no distractions"
"Sorry Boss it's an emergency" Adam dropped the axe almost instantly after seeing the video being showed to him.
A crazy idea was brewing in Katee's mind she could take the ax and hit Adam with it. Even as her fingers sneakily reached for it the driver picked it up. He looked at the axe she was reaching for then back at her but didn't say a thing.

***

Adam was driving faster than a madman on the loose bit she and the driver couldn't complain. As far as she knew whatever this was had helped spare her life for maybe some hours more.
They forgot to blind fold her again so she. quietly learnt or believed she learnt the way from town to the mansion.

They drove past the main building and Katee couldn't tell where they headed.

Adam got down from the car and stalked forward towards a homey house on thr property. She had never been this far on the property.

"What the fuck mum they said you slit your wrist"
"First of all don't cuss at me. Second that wa the only way I could get you to come visit me" Katee's jaw was hanging open. The devil has a mother? She actually thought he just existed.

"Send her back to the fucking Mistress houses" Adam ordered the driver who without hesitation grabbed a bewildered Katee.

What did he mean by a mistress house