Chapter 21: Test your morals

....Four men, two women and a little girl have been found dead in a empty warehouse on the raince road. The police arrived at the crime scene situated on the outskirt of town after reports of multiple gunshots. The suspect 17 year old Katee Brown who also goes by the alias Chloe Baby Connor is reportedly on the run. Authorities have declared her armed and dangerous and asked the general public to report any sightings of her. She is not to be approached....." Caro muted the TV and Katee stared at her pictures on the screen flexing her findes. Why was all this happening? Who did she offend to deserve all this?

For 5 days she had been on the run hiding from Adam and now this. It was obviously a setup by none other than Adam. Honestly she expected he would give up and let her go but this this was playing totally dirty!!

Ever since she escaped with Lia help she had been hiding with the help of Caro in motels just outside town. Max was no where to be found Caro was trying her best but it was obvious they both had no plan. After nearly being captured by Adam's guys they were forced to hide even more discreetly.
"Her accomplise Caroline Fletcher is yet to be found they are believed to be on the run together...." Caro turned of the TV immediately.
Katee no longer had a passport and they were running low on cash. There was no way she or Caro would go back to her apartment without being captured. Previously it was just Adam looking for her but now she was a wanted criminal.

"We will get through this. I'll go get us something to eat don't open the door" Caro smoothened her hair down trying to assure her before leaving the room.

*******
Someone knocking loudly on the door woke Katee up and she woke Caro. Staring warily at the door before Caro got up from the bed surprising her.

"Where are you going shouldn't we run away." Katee asked hurriedly not understanding what was going on.

"Trust me Katee it was necessary I did this." Katee couldn't make sense out of what Caro was doing till she unlocked the door.

Right then she jumped up from the bed no longer sleepy. It was too late for her to stop Caro the door swung open and the cause of her nightmares stood there in all his glory.
Adam stared at her and she stared back by then her eyes were filled with tears and fear she looked back at Caro who looked away immediately. Did she know about this?

******
Katee sat quietly hugging her knees to her chest. She was locked up inside a dungeon like room larger than she could really make out. What she knew however was that she was in a cage at the end of the room and Caro was seated in another cage close to her but they hadn't said a word since Adam dragged her away.

She couldn't believe that Caro would snitch on her.

Both girls sat up when they heard whistling and footsteps with every movement Katee's heart raced even faster.

"Katee" her name echoed in this silent walls making her shiver. He was already visible from where Katee sat. Her heart sunk further when she made out the outline of a gun held in his left hand.

The men behind him equally holding guns stepped towards Caro's cage and unlocked it pulling her out.

"Ahh I really hate snitches. Katee do you know your little good friend here actually gave you up. She called a helpline wanting to turn you in to save her self."

Without another word he put a bullet through Caro's head and her lifeless body dropped to the ground.

Katee stood up with shaky legs looking at Caro's lifeless body sobs escaping. She promised her self she wouldn't cry again but this, this was evil.

"Why?" was all she managed to say staring at Adam with pure hate didn't he have regard for human life. How could he just kill her.

"I told you I don't like snitches. The bitch was ready to let you die to save her self and here you are concerned for her. Should I start calling you Mother Theresa?"

"I never asked you to kill her for me. She had a reason for doing so. If by you she deserves to die just for snitching then a monster like you deserves to burn in hell forever." Katee was breathing hard this wasn't normal. Why would some one like Adam exist in her life. She just wanted a loving family and peace of mind.

"That's where you get it wrong. I'm Adam King and I rule over all continents. If you think I'm such a monster how about we both play a game and test your all so strong morals?" Katee glared at him how could someone be so egotistical. She didn't want to play she wanted to wake up from this nightmare. She wanted her life to be restarted.