Chapter 38: The Black Market

The wind blew in Katee's face as she rode fast on a small paths between the trees. Currently she had all the trackers on the pizza delivery bike she had stolen and was driving away to confuse The King brothers.

"Angel they are on your trail but the only other exit out has been covered by some of their followers. You have to get out of there I'm still checking for possible ways out."

Katee looked ahead thinking of something when she suddenly came to a stop.
"I have a plan meet me by the stream that runs on the left side of the compound in 20 minutes."

Katee followed the sound of the rushing water and finally found the stream. She could try to swim across and hope that the current wouldn't sweep her away. She dumped the bag containing all trackers in the water and watched them go down further away.
She didn't have her mask on so she dove into the water swimming with all her might until she made it to the other side. Looking back she sighed she had managed to dump the trackers far away from Cassuis house. As she sneaked out the compound and into the main road she thanked her luck that that plot she had crossed over in had been abandoned.

The wind blew a little hard and she shivered a bit still drenched with water. The trek back home would be torturous since all entrances and exits to the estates had been blocked off by the King brothers. As much as she tried to ready her self for the long journey she just couldn't.

Not long into her trek she noticed headlights of a car behind her. She expected the driver to speed off but they actually stopped beside her.
"It's to late for a beautiful girl as yourself to be walking the streets with wet clothes " She looked back at the man sitting behind in a tailored suit.
"I'm f.f..fine" The car followed her slowly as she tried to walk faster.
"Get in I'll give you a ride to wherever you want"
"It's no need I'll only wet your seats" After much back and forth discussion Katee got into the back seat beside the man.
"What happened to you? You look horrible" Katee looked at the man realising how innocent and fragile she must look at the moment so she decided to keep up the damsel in distress charade.
"My step mother told me she found me a job as a cleaner in a rich neighbourhood. The man... the owner of the house tried to touch me" she paused a little to sob. "He forced his self on me a number of times and refused me to go home till his Fiancé caught him on me today... She tried to have the guards drown me but I escaped now I have to leave before she comes after me.
Katee kept on crying a little after her story.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry. No one should have to go through that" Katee nodded a little in agreement.
"Get in I'll drop you off"
****
Katee woke up that morning feeling warm the smell of spicy chicken hit her hard and she quickly sat up straight.

As she opened her eyes fully she could tell this wasn't her room or any room she knew. On high alert she scanned the place wondering how she go there. She was in a blue shirt that was far bigger than her.

She slowly trodded down the stairs following the sound of conversation. She finally got a clear view of the people talking and recognised one of them as the man from last night.

"Hey finally you're awake. I was going to give you an hour before coming to check if your weren't dead. Here sit down Andrew serve her her lunch please. You know you hit your head hard when you collapsed"

"Lunch?" Katee couldn't help that her voice cracked a bit. Had she really been sleeping for over 13 hours. Femi and Joe must have sent out people to find her by now.

"Yes you aren't vegetarian are you?"
"I need to get home"
"To your step mother is that really a good idea. Going back to the sane woman who gave you out to be raped" she abruptly remembered the lie she had sold to him last night.

"I need to go see my junior sister please" covering a lie with more lie what could be more typical?
"It's okay let me find you something more appropriate to wear come with me" She followed behind him as they went

Katee minded the drawings an pictures going on the wall as they went  but a particular picture had her stopping to admire it. The place was familiar infact she did know the place but how could this man have a picture taken their.
"Where's this place?"
"That's on one of the islands I own." Katee paused for a moment staring at him like he just grew horns. Of all the people who had to save her it was the owner of the KeiKo Island clusters the same places where the black market was located.
"You are lying right. You are bluffing"
"What reason do i have to lie? Why do you seem surprised"
"I'm... I'm just taken aback by the realisation of how wealthy you are" it took her a while to come up with a reasonable lie. She the black death had raided one of his less guarded islands a couple of times.

"I really need to go home" The urgency to leave had suddenly increased. Even though she knew he would never be able to realise it was her who had stolen from him. It didn't seem right that a dangerous man like his self would rescue her for no reason.

"I don't understand why you are so eager to leave its not like you have anywhere to go" He handed her a skirt and top that was a few sizes smaller than her but beggers can't be choosers
"What do you mean?" For a moment she forgot the lie she had dished out last night.
"You are going back to your stepmother right? If you go back what's the assurance that she won't sell you to another man."
"What can I do I don't have anywhere else to stay she is my only family"
"You can stay here till you get a job"
"Are you sure your girlfriend wouldn't mind me borrowing her clothes." She smoothly avoided his proposal was he insane inviting her to live with him.
"Firstly they belonged to my little sister. Secondly I don't think the dead care about material things"
Katee's mouth formed a huge 'O'
***