Chapter 34: No Where To Go

"I want to leave this place"

She flinched hard when she heard him throw the bed side lamp against the wall.

"Look at me. Katee Look at me!" She reluctantly sat up and stared at him waiting for him to say what he had in mind.
"You will leave... on the conditions that one my child will remain safe and you will come back willingly to me when it's time for your delivery. Thirdly after delivering this child you will never appear in front of him as his mother forever." Adam was in his mind trying to convince his self that he was making the right decision. This way he could return her to Cassius who had been bothering him at the same time fulfill his words to his father about getting rid of her once she delivered.

Katee didn't need to think much about it if he let her go even for a day she'd find a way to put the distance of two continents between them. She'd run away and he'd never find her again.
"Do you promise me Katee?" Adam lifted her chin so he could look at her clearly.

"I promise"

***
Katee walked out of the apartment building she had stayed at when working in the club her aura was depressing. Her room was being occupied by a new girl and her things had supposedly been thrown away even the only picture of her mother.
Too lost in her thoughts and unaware of her environment she was accosted by two men in black. "Come with us Miss." Katee didn't need a prophet to tell her it was time to run. She entered a taxi barely two feet away from the men in black and hurriedly told him to step on the gas.
"Where to?"
"Just drive please anywhere!!" Katee screamed seeing the men get down and run towards the cab.

After they had created a distance and she was sure no one was trailing them Kstee began to ponder on who those men were working for. It was most likely Adam the last time he had thought of letting her go he almost killed her so it wouldn't be no surprise if it was him.

****
The cab slowed down when they came to the house Katee lived in as a little girl with her father and step family. It wasn't what she expected instead of an old abandoned house it had been repainted and she could see kids playing on a swing by the side of the house. It didn't take a prophet for her to know she wouldn't be welcome there.

She wasn't even welcomed in there when her father was alive why would it be any different now that strangers had probably bought the place.

She only had one more place to try at. She already pawned everything valuable she had to pay the taxi driver. Out of options Katee directed the driver to Mr. Grey's club.

*Unknown*

"Capo said to kill her off quietly. Shouldn't we have set snipers on the building opposite instead of a drive by shooting?"
"He also put me incharge so stop making so much noise" the first person kept quiet
and they continued their wait.

"There she is!" The first guy tapped his partner a little to excited to complete the mission.
"I see her I'm not blind remember" the second guy was clearly irritated but started the car.

Katee was still trying to gain access into the club when gunshots rang out she wasn't hit but the security guard she has been talking to wasn't as lucky. She ducked into the club scared as fuck.

"How could you miss her?" The second guy who was driving asked irritated beyond believe. "How was I meant to get a clear shot while the car was moving? I knew we should have just used a trained sniper. Boss is not going to be happy about this"
"So what now should we go in there after her?"

"Are you dumb or something. This was meant to be quiet but now this happened. The police are probably on their way if we go in there we are most likely to be arrested. If we get caught Big boss won't be just angry anymore"

°°°°
Katee made her way up till she was in front of Mr. Grey's office wishing she had the strength to kick down the door but instead she used all her weight to push it open.

Mr. Grey was coughing into a hanky when she entered but paused to take her presence in.

"He let you go..." it was obvious that he was very surprised but all Katee could think was that he was a spectacular actor.

"What did you think would happen? That he would keep me forever till he killed me or I died of old age? You betrayed me!! Because of you Caro is dead, a lot of people are dead. You left me with a monster for 6 months" Katee yelled at the top of her voice a deadly glare on her face.

"Whoever died has nothing to do with me. I don't care what ever happened everything I did I did it to help you. You may not see it now but I saved your life. Max and Caro should have never intervened in the beginning they brought about their own deaths." Usually Katee would be afraid to talk back to Mr. Grey when he was angry but if she could go against Adam what else was holding her back?

"You sit there and act all merciful and mighty but your just an evil soul. Nothing more nothing less."

The door opened and Cassius's right hand walked in and gave the situation report on the guard who was shot and the police arrival.

"I don't take it likely to people walking into my club and insulting me especially not when they bring shooters along. I suggest you leave before i actually get angry. That's if you have somewhere to go to"

Reality seemed to dawn on her that she had no where to go. People were after her trying to kill her. Adam! He had to be the one doing all these. He was probably waiting for her to come crawling back begging for mercy.

"Can... Can... I... Can I stay here" Katee fisted her hands tears in her eyes as she asked. She hated her self, hated that she was weak and always depending on people for help.

Maybe that was the reason Adam chose to ruin her life. She couldn't do anything to fight back.

"I thought as much. Wait here for me" His right hand wanted to say something but Cassuis cut him off.

~~~Cassius ~~~

Katee sat opposite Mr. Grey in his office subtly looking around from time to time. She had never been to his house before now and she certainly didn't expect it to feel so homely.

The King's mansion was beautiful and all but it lacked spirit or call it joy.

Cassius finally looked up from what he was writing.

"Katee you have a choice to make right now. Either You give birth to this child and hand it over to Adam and spend the rest of your days on a private island and never setting your eyes on your child..."