Chapter 35: The New Katee

"What!" Katee couldn't understand how that was even an option. She would give her child over to Adam and spend the rest of her life in hiding.
"Let me finish... I can keep both you and your child safe and provide for you all but you'll have to swear loyalty to me and agree to follow my orders at all time"

"What work are we talking about?"
"If you agree to the conditions your training will begin after you have delivered."

*****
Five Months Later.
Katee knocked twice on the door before walking into Mr. Grey's office.

"You sent for me"

"Yes Katee have a seat. Your delivery date is almost due. Adam is coming around his self to pick you up today" he coughed a little and Katee remained silent. If there was anything she had learnt after living with him all these while. Mr. Grey always had a back up plan.

He pressed the intercom on his desk and asked the person on the other line to 'Bring Her In'. Katee fixed her eyes on the door with expectation and was simply stunned when a young girl walked in.

It was like looking in a mirror. The girl was insanely similar to Katee in every way.
From her face to her shape even her baby bump!.

"She has had extensive surgeries to look exactly like you. Like you she is also pregnant and has watched you over the months to study the way you act and react. When Adam comes around today to pick you up she will be the one to go." With that the young girl was asked to leave

"But why go through all these pains Adam was already planning to let me go after I gave birth as long as I never came back"

"The only place Adam plans on letting you go is to your death. That is why he was so sure you'd never return to ask for your child....

~~~6 Years Later~~~

Katee walked arm in arm with the first son of a state senator into a private hotel. From the side of her eyes she casually checked the cctv camera to see if it was still active and smiled seeing it wasn't.

He stumbled along managing to hold on to her till they reached his hotel room.
The moment they were inside she knocked him out and bound him up. Fifteen minutes later she unloaded a pail of cold water on his head.

Man woke up alarmed looking around trying to get up only to notice he was tied up. The drug had began to wear off and he was now slightly sober.

"What's wrong? Not a fan of BDSM?" He shook his head no trying to force him self out of the ropes.

"That's boring but it's not why you are here. I need to know about some plans daddy dearest is making. What's project doomsday?" The young man shook his head furiously trying to say he knew nothing about it.
"I can't believe you are your father's son. So foolish and gullible. I was going to let you go.. nah I'm pulling your legs. You are useless to me if you don't have the information I need. You insisted on seeing my face and only few people have seen my face and lived."

Katee slowly approached him with a syringe in her hand while he continued jumping around in a bid to escape. "Don't worry you can die peacefully I'm very sure your wife won't miss you that much" She injected him and watched him convulse till he suddenly went still. The ropes and bounds came off without a mark now it would merely look like a case of overdosing. Last thing she needed was another clash with a government agency.

She walked out the hotel lobby not before sharing a knowing look with the receptionist and entered a taxi.

******
"I told you he was useless. He didn't know any thing. His father probably doesn't trust him and I don't blame the man. But I took care of him no need to worry" Katee was currently waiting in the airport. 5 minutes later and she finally set her eyes on them.

"Mummy!!!!!" Her two little angels ran to her and she bent to embrace them both in a hug.

"Oh my babies. How was your flight?"
"It was fine buy Uncle Joe took the window seat" Christabelle was quick to lay her complaint the three of them looked back at the culprit.
"Hey I was just putting her safety first. What if the window opened or something" Katee giggled a bit.

"Thank you Joe for taking care of my angels."
"You know I'd do anything for you. Now do you have any idea why Cassuis asked that they be brought from the Island."

"I don't know that's why I'm going to meet him" Katee pulled out three face caps and mask from her bag.
"Mum do we have to wear these. The cap makes my head itch" Christopher tried to look up but the cap was blocking his view.
"I wanted us to match don't you like the idea?"

~~~~

Katee walked behind Cassius right hand Femi till they reached a door and he signalled for her to go in alone.

Her surprise knew no bounds when she saw Cassius lying on a bed looking frail an IV connected to his wrist.

"There you... are. Did the kids arrive safely?"
Cough!
Katee was too surprised to talk she had just seen Mr. Grey last week and though he did seem weak it wasn't to this extent.

"You must be surprised... Cough! I called you here because if our initial agreement that you'd work for me Cough!"

"What's wrong? Why aren't you in a hospital?" Katee still couldn't believe her eyes.
"It's lung cancer Doctor gave me three years at most... its been six years and now I think it's time I ended the suffering... Cough! You have to help me find my son once he is old enough but right now... I want you to be my successor to take my place in the mob."