Chapter 30: Pregnant

Hallo everyone i know its been a while but the election results in my country have been giving me unnecessary anxiety. God knows I need to Japa. That's by the way have a good read

                                 *********

Hey Caro do you want to go get drunk with the girls we want to have such a great time tonight.. Caro! Caro!" Katee reached out and swerved the chair around only to come face to face with a very pale looking Caro who had pus and maggots coming out from her nose andmouth there was dried blood stains all over her tattered dress.

She staggered back trying to create some distance.

"This is all your fault. If it weren't for your cursed self we wouldn't be dead" As she spoke Max, her step mom, siblings and father emerged from the shadows all looking like bloody decaying corpses. They were reaching for her so she ran out of the room.

"I'm sorry please this is Adam's crime not mine."

"Typical Katee passing the blame on to someone else" her step mother looked even more scary dead. She couldn't understand why it was so hard to run fast as the army of the dead were hot on her track.

Katee came to a sudden halt seeing Adam ahead of them he looked normal. "That's the person who killed y'all right there. Why not get him now?"
"Katee I'm here to finish what we started. She wasn't expecting him to have an axe which he brandished at her.

"You guys please stop. I'm sorry" Katee tried to run faster in another direction but she honestly couldn't it felt like someone was holding her down.

"Please stop. ADAM!!!" Katee screamed loudly and woke up from her brief death.

"Hey, Hey its okay just a nightmare. I'm here take a deep breathe" Katee hugged the person speaking not bothering to know who it was.
"I killed them.. I'm the reason they are all dead"
She was staining his white shirt with tears but Lucas didn't complain instead he drew circles on her back waiting for her to calm down.

After confirming she had calmed down Lucas went ahead to explain on how he had saved her from the hands of the mistresses and treated her injuries.

"... You don't have to worry about them they tend to do this to anyone new in the house mainly because they feel threatened. If anyone tries to harm you just run to me if I'm not around..." Katee didn't know what made her do it but she locked lips with Lucas and for a moment he responded to her kiss before coming to his senses and creating a distance.

As if just realising the weight of her actions Katee apologised to him.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that..." her fingers played with the blanket as she looked down ashamed.

"Don't fret about it. It's probably the drug I administered whilst you were unconscious."

"Katee I want you to answer this very honestly" She didn't like the way is tone got severe.

"Have you been having sex with anyone asides Adam?" The question came as a shock to the poor girl seating on the bed.
"No. I swear on my life I haven't the kiss was a mistake"

"Katee this isn't about the kiss. You had a threatened abortion. You are pregnant and I for one know that Adam is strict about using contraceptives" Katee didn't hear the other parts all she heard was that she was pregnant. Her life was ruined, she wanted to scream and wail
*****

Katee limped her way through the corridor of the Mistress house Lucas was behind her as they headed for her room. Luckily most of them were in the lounge. Those who saw them only looked away.

Katee pushed open the door to her room and they were both greeted by the site of a naked mistress between Adam's thighs vigorously sucking him off.

Adam disengaged her wondering what Lucas was there for. "Get lost" the mistress picked up her robe and walked out not before giving a smug look to Katee who was in too much of a tight position to care or act like she cared.

"What's the matter" Adam was asking Katee but she kept mute for a lot of reasons.
"ARE YOU DEAF OR DUMB?"

"She's 3 weeks pregnant" Lucas intervened when Katee did nothing but sob.
Adam was quiet for several minutes just processing the information.