Chapter 23: Fix her

"How about we skip this pathetic reunion scene not like it would last anyways" Adam had stood up from the chair and approached them.
"Stand up" Katee knew there was no other way and complied to save both here and Max life.

He swiftly caged her with his arm her back to his chest. With one arm around her waist he placed a gun in her right hand.

"What are you doing?" Katee questioned trying to pull away but he refused to let go. Putting her finger on the trigger.

"I just don't want you to miss out on all the fun. Katee I want your first kill to be memorable something you will always remember...."

"No fucking way I'm not a murder. Please Adam just stop this you already got what you want. I'm here already I'll behave for a month just like you bargained with Mr. Grey" She tried pulling away but Adam wouldn't let her retreat.

"Please anything but this....." Bang!!! Max who she just helped sit up dropped to the gun almost as immediately as she felt the recoil force. A loud scream rang through the room. Katee dropped to the ground on her knees and quickly crawled to Max body trying to shake him awake but he was dead.

"Please come back. You can't both leave me." May looked around the room everyone she was remotely close to was lying in a pool of blood because of her. She should her died instead of her mom. That way she wouldn't bring misfortune to so many people. She was sobbing full time till she fainted falling to the bloody floor.

*****

Katee played around with the food on her plate. For the past one week she could barely touch her food nor sleep. The only thing she did was ignore everyone's existence and stare into space. The five brothers were talking and laughing but she blocked them out as much as she could.

"Why aren't you eating?" Katee ignored Seth's question. She hadn't said a word ever since she was brought back to the house and planned to keep it that way.

"Katee" Adam's voice held a silent threat but she didn't care it didn't matter. When he saw she wasn't giving in he stood up and dragged her along. Katee didn't make any resistance to his tight grip on her arm and allowed herself be dragged out of the dining room up the stairs.

He knocked on a door she recognised as Lia's and almost immediately pushed it open. He dragged Katee forward and pushed her in the direction of Lia who was surprised by the sudden invasion.

"Fix her!" Lia looked at him like he had finally lost it.

"What does that even mean?" Adam wasn't having any of it and snapped back.

"You caused all this by helping her escape. She won't talk and has been defying me. Fix her before I fucking kill her."

"How wouldn't you think she was broken...."

"What did you say?" Adam asked and Lia quickly changed her words.

"I'm not a psychiatrist. I don't know what to do with her so get help mostly for yourself. Whatever you choose so long as it doesn't involve me" 

"She doesn't eat nor sleep and when she finally sleeps she wakes up screaming and yelling. I'll owe you if you can actually help her. How about that for a deal?" Lia thought about it shortly before agreeing.

Adam walked out of the door satisfied while Lia returned to the clothe she was almost done sewing.

"For clarity. I need to protect my child. You need to know this the brothers according to some sort of custom have a common bride to share. Their father almost killed me but the baby in my womb saved my life. The gender of my baby decides if I and the child get to live. What could possibly go wrong right"

Katee sat by the corner and continued staring at the wall. Alot was going through her mind. Alot of emotions she couldn't express. It hurt knowing that she couldn't do anything to hurt the person who caused her all this misery.

"Here" Lia was standing in front of her handing her 5 chocolate bars. "You will probably be diagnosed with ulcer or get extremely weak if you keep refusing to eat"

Katee eyed the offering before reluctantly accepting.
"You know I think it's through the work of fate that you are here right now. I want someone to know how I got here if my daughter and i meet a bitter end. You don't need to reply just listen" Lia was mostly talking to her self but if you observed Katee was half heartedly listening to her. The door was opened distracting them both