Chapter 33: Therapy

"Katee!" She whipped her head to the corner of the room and whimpered. There they all were her dad, step mom, step siblings, Caro, Max and the latest addition the guy from the mall whose name she dint even know.

"What do you want? Why do you keep following me?" She screamed out at the empty corner of the room making the nurses and guard worried they quickly approached her
"It's time you joined us Katee. Why do you get to live and we all died because of you?"

"No no please I'm sorry" she tried to explain to them feeling way too vulnerable.

They were slowly approaching her from all sides and Katee could only scream out begging and asking for help.

The nurses and guards tried holding her down but to Katee's befuddled mind it was the ghost of all the people who died dragging her trying to kill her.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Adam yelled from the door he wasn't looking too happy and his loud voice was able to snap Katee out of it.
***

"Look dude I'm a surgeon not a shrink okay. What ever is up with her is mental. Call Kirk and ask him to come over he's a renowned shrink and your cousin" Lucas and Adam were standing over Katee's bed she was curled up in a ball sleeping oblivious to the convo going on about her.

"You know I don't roll with Kirk" .
"Look man you have 3 options and only one ends okay. 1. You let her see Kirk 2. You refuse and have her see another shrink and risk her talking about our lifes with a random shrink. 3. You don't let her see a shrink all.

              ****

"Good day Miss. King. How are you doing today?" Katee looked emptied at the wall behind the shrink Adam had found for her. It was crazy how he killed all those people yet he didn't have a single nightmare but she couldn't stop seeing the dead everywhere she looked.

"Miss King" She looked up at the lady speaking but that was the most she ever did.

Katee looked out the window at the garden watching the maids pluck some tomatoes and for a minute she paused to think about her life if it would have been different had her mum been alive.

"Miss King do you want to go outside?" Katee threw a sharp glare at the lady interrupting her thoughts The 12th shrink she was seeing in just two weeks she couldn't understand why they didn't see that she didn't want to talk about what went on inside her head.

****

"Has she ever been suicidal?" Katee was listening from the wall as the shrink talked to Lucas and Adam. She liked to hear what her shrinks think but her they all thought they could diagnose her problems but they didn't even know the half of it and if they learnt about it they wouldn't be able to handle it

"No.. you can leave" Adam was clearly irritated he felt she was doing all that to get to him and she was succeeding.

"Just ask Kirk for help" Lucas didn't know why his brother wouldn't just squash his beef with their cousin.
"Look she clearly..." He stopped noticing that Adam was no longer paying attention but storming into the room. Katee hadn't expected that so he caught her leaning with her ear to the wall.

"So you were eavesdropping?" Silence was the reply he was given. She walked back to her bed and laid down curled up. Honestly she had stopped seeing Caro and every other dead person for a while but she enjoyed watching everyone's futile attempt to help her.

One benefit of her shrink problem was tat they let her stay with Lia and the baby after a shrink had told them it would be nice to have her around babies to help her accept her pregnancy. Talking to Lia was more therapeutic than they could all imagine. She could talk shit about the brothers and all because Lia understood what it was like to lose your entire future just because some men think they are the shit.

The bed sank a little behind Katee and she could feel the heat of Adam's body. He placed his hands on her thigh and she flinched. She still hadn't gotten over her fear for him the only reason she messed with him was because she knew how much he wanted the child in her womb.

"What do you want? Huh? What's it going to take for you to stop putting my baby through all these bullshit? You want a house? A brand new whip?"

"I want to leave this place"
She flinched hard when she heard him throw the bed side lamp against the wall.

••••
Hey y'all 👋🏻 👋🏻  what's good? This is me celebrating 5k+ views I haven't been in the mood to update lately but thank y'all for reading, voting and commenting. Keep up that Energy y'all ♡♡♡♡muah 😘