Chapter 26: Why am i feeling this way?

"What a heart warming welcome from you Pablo, I wasn't aware I now needed an invite to visit my sons besides I heard two of you actually fought over a mere girl" the man said looking between Adam and Lucas.

"Will you be staying let me have someone freshen up your suite for you." Adam said trying to change the topic.
"Sure do that... you must be the girl who caused a rift between my sons. I see they even found you fit to share a table with them" The man approached her and Kate stepped behind a little Lia she didn't realise till then that she had been staring all along.
"Lia you look nice how many days till I can hold my grandson"
"She is due any time soon" Aarav replied.

"Lucas and Adam why don't you get my bags and come to my suite"

Immediately after their father left Pablo sent both ladies to their room with their breakfast ordering them not to show their face except summoned.

*****

"I already decided if any of you wishes to keep her alive then you both have to share her" Lucas was taken aback by his father's decision but Adam was more aggressive.
"I won't share her with any body. I paid her debt she belongs to me and me alone."
"Have you forgotten your manners" his father swiftly maneuvered him and with his walking stick hit Adm behind the knees.
Adam fell to his knees grinding his teeth. "I won't share" he said determination etched on his features.

"Then she has to be killed immediately I won't have you both fighting over anything worthless"

"Aren't you going to say something this is all your fault remember. If you hadn't been in this picture all would have been fine" Adam yelled at Lucas.

"....That's enough Adam since you are so stubborn in keeping her i will hold a dungeon match with three rounds. Each round determines if she gets to live. So if you fail any round you lose her life."

"Do I get any chance to try win her for my self" Lucas asked his father cautiously.
"You talk about her like she is some doll or toy" Adam challenged he didn't like that Lucas was still nursing ideas of having Katee.

"You treat her even worse than a ragdoll. You treat her like she is less of a human I for one plan on treating her way better than you can imagine."

"Silence" Their father said loudly stomping his stick on the floor for emphasis"

"Instead of quarrelling and exchanging words like market women you should go prepare for tomorrow's face off".

.....
Katee was sketching something on a notebook she found in Lia's room when the door opened expecting to see Lia she crawled back instantly when Adam burst in. She was lying on the couch in the far end of the room and pretended immediately to be asleep.
After looking around the room he finally saw her on the couch. He approached her analysing her like a prey.

It took extreme will power for Katee not to give away the fact that she was awake and run off.
Adam squatted beside her taking a look at the sketch she had dropped. He pulled up the blankets that was beside her and covered her up. Katee did her best not to flinch when he touched her. Adam spent a while staring at her face. Taking note of each feature of her face he caught his self just in time as he was about to pat her hair.

"Why am I feeling this way. This foolish need to keep you for my self, this burning desire to protect you and this stupid jealousy. You are just a stripper I bought nothing more that's all you will ever be."

That said he grabbed her neck in a choking grip. Katee's eyes shot open as she felt him increase pressure. It felt like her head was about to be removed from her neck.

"Your just a fucking whore and that's all you will ever be to me and every man out there.. you get that??"
Katee tried her best to nod and show her compliance. When he noticed she was soon lacking oxygen he let her go and pushed her to the floor. She hit her head on the ground and felt warm liquid trickling down her neck before giving into the darkness that engulfed her senses.