Chapter 42: Marry Me

She ran into the kitchen just in time to hear Christabelle's reply to Manny.

"You are not my dad! My mum won't marry you!" Katee paused at the door. How did the topic of marriage suddenly come up?

"I like your mummy and if she agrees to be my wife you'll become my daughter. I want to make sure we get along that's all" Manny still hadn't noticed Katee standing at the door but Belle had and she quickly ran over.

"Mummy tell him you won't marry him"

"Where is your brother?"
"They are outside playing when they should be reading" Christabelle seemed disgusted by the fact that kids her age would prefer playing to reading and that made Katee sighed. She had birthed a bookworm just like her self.

"Go and join them... run along"
"But mum..." a look from her mom and Belle was scurrying away.

"Why would you say anything about marriage to my daughter? You and I..." Manny cut her short, going on one knee he pulled out a ring from his pocket while Katee just stood there dumb struck. It wasn't until he tried to put the ring on her finger that she came back to her senses quickly putting distance between them both.

"What are you doing? I can't marry you! I won't marry you!"

"And Why is that" He pulled her hand towards him but Katee quickly retrieved it.

"Because I don't love you. We have sex once and you decide all of a sudden that we should get married. Do you even really care whether I want to get married to you or not?"
"Understand me Katee I'm just trying to keep you safe" He pulled her hand towards him again trying to out tr ring on her finger but Katee held her ground against me.

"Safe? How does marriage to you keep me safe? How does it keep my babies and Lia and her kids safe?"

"If you say yes to me we can sign the marriage certificate and you will be free to access my islands with Lia and the kids where you will be safe from Adam and his brothers"
Katee was quiet for a while before she started laughing.
"Have you lost your senses? I'm a woman whose abuser is after her and you want to be associated with me?"

"I may not seem like much but I promise I'll keep you safe. I'm the only one who can keep you safe" Katee pretended to think about it for a while before agreeing.
In her mind she laughed at how bad an actor Manny was. He wasn't trying to save her she was bait.

***
Katee, Lia and the kids were below deck on Manny's luxurious yacht.  Lia watched the door way while Amelia made a call to Femi explaining her plan to him.

If everything went as she hoped it would then she'd never have to run or hide from anyone ever again neither would Lia.

"Mom Is Uncle Manny your husband now?"
"Sweetie it's more complicated than that  just know that everything I do, I do it so the both of you can have a better life" Christopher didn't seem pleased by the answer but all still enjoyed the hug from his mother.