Chapter 5: At The Police Station

The bell rang a notice that school was over for the day and everyone could return home except Katee had no home to return to instead she was to return to an empty apartment in a hotel where she lived alone dreading the day her misery would begin. She quickly packed her things and headed to the hallways in a hurry to catch up to Sandra.

She found Sandta and her clique just where she expected she would find them. With the school jocks and a known bad boy gang. Nervous as hell she approached Sandra ignoring the questioning gaze from the people around her.

"Umm Sandra"

"Ughh bitch what is it" Sandra said turning around but with a cough from Caleb she remembered they were meant to act nice to their step sis.
"Sorry didn't know it was you what do you need Katee" Sandra asked trying to sound nice.

"I was wondering if I could catch a ride with you and your friends to the Tonet Bakery" Katee asked not sure if Sandra would agree.
"I can give you a ride" Caleb said leaning against a locker but Katee was quick to refuse.

"No thanks... umm I wanted to have a girls time with Sandra" she quickly added the first excuse she could think of.

"Okayyy that's cool"
"Fine we'll be going now byee" Sandra said blowing a kiss at one of the jocks.
*****
Katee sat at the back with Sandra and some of her friends while another drove they were all older than her and she simply squeezed her self to the door waiting for the car to arrive at her destination so she escape this suffocating space.

"Just because we gave you a ride today doesn't mean we will again next time. We don't hang out with losers like you. Keep that in mind" Sandra said and the other girls laughed.
Katee sneered in her heart she couldn't believe Sandra was dumb enough to think she would want to hang out with them voluntarily. The Tonet bakery was 2 minutes walk away from the police station she needed their help to get there and nothing else and Max could always catch up with her trekking.

As if on cue the phone in her pocket began to ring out loud. She took it out and seeing Max name on the screen dismissed the call
"When did you get a phone" Sandra asked eying the phone in Katee's hand it wasn't just any phone but an iPhone 11 the same as she owned.

"I... I" Katee didn't know what to say and another call from Max saved her the stress.
"Aren't you going to pick your sugar daddies call" one of the girls said and the others laughed.
"We are here get out of my car girl" the driver said and Katee scurried out..
She waited for them to drive off before heading to the police station.

*****
"So you said you were sold by your dad to some sort of club owner" The cop said taking notes.
Katee was currently explaining her predicament to him when a female cop interrupted them.

"I'll take over from here there are some documents I left at your desk for you to complete." She said and Katee sighed in relief thinking it would be easier for her to tell her misfortune to a fellow female..

"But..."

"It's okay rookie I've got this... Come along young lady" Katee followed the lady who took her to the back of the station.

Katee was still wandering what they were doing outside behind the station seeing Max storm towards her she hid behind the cop.

"He's one of them. He's here to take me back to that place." She said pointing at Max who didn't seem moved by the fact that they were near a police station nor that a cop was present.

"Katee I don't advice you keep running around making false tales" the cop said and Katee quickly realised something was wrong.
"I never told you my name"
"Ahh I know you didn't but Max here didn't a word of genuine advice. Snitches get stitches.

Katee shivered stepping back but was too late as Max grabbed her arm. He handed a wad of cash to the lady.

"Sorry for the trouble she is new" Max explained holding on to Katee who was crying attempting to flee seeing that she had been played.
"It shows." The cop replied before heading into the station.

"If you don't settle down and stop crying I'll pit a fucking bullet through your head" Max threatened and Katee gulped her wailing subsiding.

"We are going to pay a visit to Mr Grey. I promise you will wish you didn't pull this stunt."
******
Thank you all for reading my book to this point. ❤
Hope you've been having a nice time let me know what you think in the comments. Don't forget to vote🤍🤍