Chapter 27: Going weak on her

"You fucking bastard. Why do you love hurting the innocent girl? She is in the fucking Emergency room because of you once more." Lucas yelled barging into the room.

"I don't have time for this" Adam was glaring at the ceiling a glass of dry gin in his right hand. His mind was spiralling why was he going through all this she was bad news and he knew it. He should have never bought her challenge or not.

The way he panicked barely 15 minutes ago after he saw the blood dripping out her unconscious body. Katee was making him feel different emotions he didn't want to feel. It would be best for everyone if he let her go.

"...stop ignoring me you fool. She needs blood and I'm not a match neither is Seth"
Adams gaze snapped to Lucas dread creeping into his heart.

"You could have just said that first" Adam said rushing out past Lucas.

****
Adam walked into the fight arena and scanned the area his brothers and father were seated at an elevated platform.

The first three fighters stepped into the ring and Adam glared at his cousins. A skilled boxer, a seasoned wrestler and a black belt holder. How was it fair to go against all three onw after the other.

"The only rules today... is there are no rules" The several teams of guards who were allowed to watch cheered on.

"You guys need to understand that an innocent minors life is at stake here. Just let me win I'll make it up to you."

"Sorry S.K your dad isn't to be messed with" that being said he threw the first punch sending Adam staggering back.

*****

It was the last round and Adam was bleeding and sweating glaring at Lucas. Hours of fighting his cousins and brothers had made him weak.

"Whoever wins this round gets to keep the girl now get on with this" their father announced.

Adam could feel the adrenaline still pumping in his veins this needed to end soon.

10 minutes later Adam threw dust right into Lucas face and getting an upper hand tackled him to the floor finally exposing the dagger he had hidden on him.

"Stop that right now" their father yelled out and his brothers stood up. Adam looked at the dagger that was close to slitting Lucas throat then back at his father.
He slowly stood up and staggered away realising the gravity of his actions. He threatened his brother's life for a mere whore.

***

Katee walked in hesitatingly into Adam's study she was shivering a little not knowing what response she would get when she said what she had in mind.

Adam stopped the work he was doing and watched Katee walk in he had been avoiding her ever since his fight to preserve her life.
"What do you want?" His question sent shivers down her spines but she had to ask else she would have no chance.

"I.. I.... umm" she suddenly went silent fear making her lock up.
SMACK!!
"Open your fucking mouth and speak!!" Katee retreated holding on to her cheeks that was just hit. Her tears were starting to drop she didn't know why she even came here.

"I'm sorry... I should have never disturbed you" Katee said turning around to exit the room only to be stopped by Adam.
"Don't you dare take another step" Katee stopped contemplating whether to obey or disobey. Adam wrapped his arms around her waist from behind making her shiver he didn't mean to hit her he was just trying to prove he wasn't going soft on her because of any feelings he might seem to have for her.

"What is it you wanted to say to me" He asked rubbing her stomach trying not to Indulge the need to sniff her hair.

"Today is the 10th day of the month..." Katee paused she knew he could hit her for what she was about to say.

"And?" Taking a deep breath and gulping she looked at the door.

"It's been 40 days since you.... bought me. That's a month already I was thinking it was about time I left..." The silence in the room was extremely deafening. Adam let go of her waist and stepped back.