Chapter 36: Cowards

"What do you mean? I... it's a big responsibility" Katee never thought for once in her earlier years of life that she would be an assassin, mercenary and a mob boss.

"Too big for my dark angel? Nothing is too much for you. I want the Keige Faction of the underworld to grow and become even more successful in your reign as its leader" Cassuis sighed after every three words. He looked exhausted like he was barely hanging on.
"What if they refuse me from being their leader?"

"Katee have you forgotten the first thing I taught you. If you dwell on the What if's you probably will never succeed. You are the dark angel of the underworld you can rule it if you wish just open your mind to it. Take my ring and do not lose it" He closed his eyes and though she knew he wasn't dead yet it wasn't long before he'd be.
Katee opened the door and came face to face with Femi who handed her the ring and bowed.

****
Katee walked into her Office previously belonging to Cassius. She had redecorated making the place a little more eye-catching. She had just buried Cassuis a week ago and now she was trying to keep up with the work. Some small gangs under the Keige faction didn't like the idea of her being their leader so she was figuring out whether to just change their leaders or force them into submission.

However, none of those ways assured her loyalty at the moment the only one's she trusted a bit were Joe and Femi. She was still checking the accounts on Cassius drug moving when Femi knocked and walked in.

"We have a problem there has been a raid on our shipment that landed at the port"
"The one carrying the guns?"
"Yes"
"These mother fuckers be messing with me and they are gonna get what's coming. I know..." she was interrupted by her phone ringing and immediately picked up seeing it was from Joe.
"Some people are after us they are heavily armed... Christabel I told you to get down! What the fuck are you looking for in the seats?"
"Joe listen to me drive through the city go round in a circle then head for Tyne Memorial. Tell Christopher to keep his sister in check momma is on her way"

"Femi can you have someone find the idiot that stole from me."
"Wait! Do you know a trained sniper?" She stopped him as he was about to leave a plan already formulating in her head.
"I can handle that my self. Should I assemble a team"
"No get ready we leave in 3" As Katee took out weapons from her arsenal she knew whoever had messed with her children needed to die Loyalty or no Loyalty.

****
Joe was speeding ahead trying to escape the car hot on his trail but he knew that was almost impossible. One wrong turn and he'd be trapped.

He almost heaved a sigh of relief when he saw a black tinted car he'd recognise anyday.

Katee immediately parked the car in the middle of the road obstructing the path and opened the roof of her jeep. Care fully she brought out the M27 Cassius had given to her as a gift for a hundredth kill.

"Now" she gaze the order to Femi and a second later the car speeding towards her burst up in flames and went tumbling over. She instantly opened fire on the remaining three survivors that had managed to get off the car.

"Well that was too easy and boring. Femi tell me you have eyes on the foolish bastard that started this."

"I think you won't like this" Femi explained to her that the coward had ran to seek protection from distance relatives.

"I'm already not liking it already it doesn't get any worse."

"He's at the King's mansion" Katee went silent for a moment as she drove towards Joe and her kids.

"I'll handle it"
"You can't go in there. Have you forgotten what happened to you in there and the sacrifices Cassius made to keep you alive. If you walk back in there and they discover your identity you won't return. Who is going to lead the faction if you die too"
"Femi I didn't forget anything buy if there's anything I know like it's the layout of that place. I'm not asking you to put your life on the line for me or anything"

"You knew the Layout six years ago. What if they renovated? You know It was my sworn promise to Cassius to always be there for you and the kids"
"Then find me a very sharp but portable axe"

Katee got down her car immediately pulling her mask up and walked over to Joe's car opening the door of the back seat.

Christopher came running out to hug his mommy and Christabelle followed next.
"Joe thank you very much for acting fast"
"Hey they are my kids too."
"Are you hurt?" They both shook their head meaning no. "Mommy who were those people? Why they chase us?"

"They are bad people they want to hurt you because mummy loves you but don't worry mummy is here to keep you safe. Remember our play house bunker mummy's going to take you there now." she helped them back in the car and asked Joe to follow her car.

***

Katee took off her mask for a moment to breath after wearing it for hours she needed a break.

Femi was surveying the compound with a drone. It was small and negligible in the night sky.
"There's no way in and out without being noticed by the guards. Luke isn't worth the risk."
"Femi we already agreed no more trying to discourage me. Did you bring what I asked for?" Femi reached behind the seat and handed her the small axe.
"Get ready to drive us the fuck out of here" Katee pulled down her mask and got out the car.

Katee sat behind the bushes for a moment surveying the environment it was a really large place and the coward could be anywhere she didn't want to wander around looking for him then getting caught so she decided to go visit someone.

~~~
Katee opened the door to Lia's room and didn't expect to find her crying beside her bed. Lia quickly stood up seeing the masked lady standing in the room.

"Don't scream calm down don't shout it's me" She tried to calm Lia down but she was too busy crying louder. So she pulled out her gun equipped with a silencer and pointed it at her.