Gypsies, Tramps, And Thieves (Esmerald x Gypsy! Reader)

I hurried through the tents, the coins on my skirt jingling as I moved. I finally got to the tent I needed and paused right outside. I spoke, "Esmerald, hurry up! We're going to be late." The tent flap opened, showing Esmerald, "Alright, Alright. Let's go." He looked at me, "Well, don't you look pretty today." I blushed, "T-Thanks. Now come on."

Outfit:

We  got to the stage just in time

We got to the stage just in time. Clopin stood in the center of the stage, speaking. I looked at the crowd from behind the curtain, tensing when I saw Minister Frollo. Esmerald looked at me, "Don't let that old man ruin your performance. Now, go dance." Clopin threw the smoke dust onto the stage and I took my spot. The musicians began to play the music as I opened my mouth to sing the song.

"I was born in the wagon of a travellin' show. My mama used to dance for the money they'd throw. Papa would do whatever he could. Preach a little gospel, sell a couple bottles of Doctor Good!"

I moved my body in rhythm to the music. Dancing just came so naturally to me. I caught the eyes of Esmerald, who had squeezed into the crowd. He was smiling. I danced across the stage, my hips dropping and rising with each beat. And to my misfortune, I ended up moving right in front of Frollo. I took a deep breath and sung the next line.

"Gypsys, tramps, and thieves! We'd hear it from the people of the town. They'd call us Gypsys, tramps, and thieves. But every night all the men would come around...And lay their money down..."

Frollo's face reddened ever so slightly. I moved back towards Esmerald, knowing the next line was meant for him to hear. I smiled slightly as I caught Esmerald's gaze from the crowd.

"Picked up a boy just south of Mobile. Gave him a ride, filled him with a hot meal. I was sixteen, he was twenty-one. Rode with us to Paris. And papa woulda shot him if he knew what he'd done..."

My face flushed slightly. I actually had met Esmerald when I was 16 and he was 21. After we met, I started to like him, but I never knew if he liked me or not. We ended up drinking too much one night and things went too far. Luckily, no one ever found out.

"I never had schoolin' but he taught me well with his smooth southern style. Three months later I'm a gal in trouble. And I haven't seen him for a while, uh-huh! I haven't seen him for a while, uh-huh!"

I wanted to laugh at the way Esmerald's face dropped. But I kept in character and finished my performance.

"She was born in the wagon of a travellin' show. Her mama had to dance for the money they'd throw. Grandpa'd do whatever he could. Preach a little gospel, sell a couple bottles of Doctor Good."

I bowed, catching my breath as the crowd cheered. I made my way off the stage, only to bump into Esmerald. He took me to his tent. Once inside, he turned and looked at me, "You did well out there. Too well almost." I tilted my head, "What do you mean?" He sighed, "Are you actually pregnant?" I burst into laughter, "No. It's just the song. I saw your face drop and almost stopped dancing." He spoke.

"You just turned 18 and you're still such a jokester, but I guess I love that about you." I looked at him, "W-What?" He stepped closer, emerald green eyes clashing with (e/c), "I've loved you since the day we met. And that night...I don't regret it." I smiled, "Well, I love you too. And I don't regret that night because I was with you." He tilted my chin up, catching my lips with his. After a while, we pulled away from each other. I moved towards the flap of the tent.

"I can't keep customers waiting."

With that, I left the tent, smiling at the dumb grin on Esmerald's face.