Personification Of Beauty PT. 2

Your Pov:

I stood in my tent, getting ready for the morning service I had been invited to. I did the final touches on my hair and makeup before grabbing the satchel that held my dancing shoes and heading out. The streets were somewhat busy, but it wasn't too crowded. As I passed an alley, someone grabbed my arm. A familiar voice reached my ears.

"Where are you off to this early?"

I smiled. "I'm performing for the church's service today." Esmerald's smile dropped. "Why all of a sudden?" I sighed. "I was invited." He paused. "Don't tell me...Frollo?" I nodded. "I just want to go and be done with it." He huffed. "Just be careful." I looked at him. "I will."

I made it to the church a few minutes later and headed inside. The archdeacon greeted me. "Good morning, child. Judge Frollo is waiting for you ahead. Be careful." I nodded. "I will. Thank you." I headed further in and came to a stop in one of the rooms used for service. Frollo stood at the front, seemingly praying. I approached and spoke up.

"Good morning, Minister Frollo."

He quickly turned to me. "Ah, good morning to you. I am glad you could make it. Service should be starting soon, so make sure you are prepared." I nodded. "Alright. Thank you."

I sat in one of the pews and quickly put on my dancing shoes before warming up.

...

Service began and after a few minutes, I stood to perform. I handed off my music sheets to the musicians and after a few minutes, the music began.

I finished and bowed as the music came to a stop. I quickly left the room but I was stopped by Frollo. He looked at me. "Won't you stay for the service?" I plastered a smile on my face as I answered. "I'm afraid I can't. I have a performance in the square soon, but thank you for asking." He stepped back. "Of course. Be on your way then." I quickly left the cathedral and headed back to my tent.

Once I got to my tent, I changed out of my costume and headed out to the square. The stage had been decorated for the daily performances. Esmerald and Esmeralda were practicing on the stage. I smiled as I watched them. They looked so carefree and happy.

Esmerald came to the edge of the stage where I was standing and held a hand out to me. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me on stage. "You're back. Dance with me!" We danced around the stage, the smiles never leaving our faces. Esmeralda tapped her tambourine in tune with our dancing, giving us a beat. But soon, out dance came to an end.

We looked at each other as we caught our breath. His beautiful green eyes gleamed as he smiled. Then, he started to lean in. My gaze fell to his lips as I felt myself leaning in as well.

Our lips touched and in that moment, it felt like we were the only people in the world. After a few seconds, he pulled away, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. He spoke. "I love you, (Y/n)." I smiled. "I love you too."

That's when I noticed the crowds of people entering the square. I stepped back from him. "I should go get ready. I have a performance this afternoon." He nodded. "Of course. And be careful. I don't know if Frollo will be around today."

With that, you left the stage and headed to your tent, unaware of the prying eyes watching you.

...

No One's Pov

"I must head to the square. I must see her...again."

He turned and walked out of the cathedral, paying no mind to the crowds outside. He had to prepare a way to win her favor. Maybe those shoes...he could have a pair specially made with the finest gold satin. And a pure white costume made of the finest silk.

But that's when he saw her with that dirty, despicable gypsy. The gypsy was holding her hands and smiling at her. His gaze turned to her.

She would not be tainted by that gypsy.

He would make sure of that.