Magic Of Jealousy (Tzekel-Kan x Priestess! Reader)

A/N: Takes place during the movie's events. I know this is DreamWorks, but still.

Your Pov:

I sighed as I walked towards the temple. Apparently, the gods had graced us with their presence. As the priestess of the city, it was my duty to speak with the gods on all matters. As I reached the temple entrance, I dusted off my clothes.

 As I reached the temple entrance, I dusted off my clothes

(Not the shoes or headpiece)

I entered the temple, bowing to the two men inside. "My lords, it is nearly time for your daily viewing of the city." Miguel nodded. "Oh, of course, (Y/n). Shall we?"

We linked arms and walked out. Tulio walked next to us with Chel. As the priestess, I was considered the wife of the gods. That meant I could never marry or have children.

As we exited the temple, I spotted Tzekel-Kan. We had been arranged to marry many moons ago, but when I became a priestess, that ended. He looked at me. I quickly turned my attention to Miguel as he spoke.

"As priestess, do you have the same duties as Tzekel-Kan?" I sighed. "We both are interpreters for the gods, but as a priestess, I have vows to the gods." He tilted his head. "Vows?" I nodded. "I am considered a wife to the gods. I can never marry or have children."

Tulio spoke up. "Does that...include us?" I smiled. "Yes, my lords."

Shortly after, they started their viewing of the city. I slipped away, disappearing around the corner of a house.

I walked for a while before stopping by the river. I sat down, dipping my hand in the water. Then, I heard a familiar voice. "Should we be expecting a child of the gods soon?" I turned to look at them. "Tzekel-Kan..." I shook my head. "No. Not yet. But...I'm not ready." He spoke. "You made your vows to the gods. And you cannot deny them."

I stood, facing him. "Then maybe I should fulfill my vows to lord Miguel. Would that please you?" He was silent. I started to walk away.

His hand grabbed my wrist, stopping me. "(Y/n)..." I pulled away from him. "Stop it. We can never be together. I've made my vows and I cannot break them." Suddenly, his lips were on mine. I tried to fight the urge to kiss him back, but I couldn't stop myself.

He pulled me closer, his hand resting on the back of my neck. After a few seconds, we pulled away from each other. His gaze drifted behind me and he quickly bowed his head. "My lords!" I followed his actions, knowing we could both be killed for what just happened. "Lord Miguel, Lord Tulio..."

Lord Miguel spoke. "Please, don't be afraid. We're not angry, (Y/n)." I looked at them. "What?" The two gods looked at each other before looking back at us. Lord Miguel continued. "Your vows to the gods are over. Go, and be happy."

I smiled and bowed. "Thank you, my lords. Thank you!" Tzekel-Kan looked at the two. "Yes, thank you."

Had I known, however, what Tzekel-Kan would do after this, I would've never discarded my vows to the gods.