Ways Of The Forest (Bambi x Deer! Reader)

A/N: This has older Bambi! And non-canon plot.

Your Pov:

Word had spread that the prince of the forest was searching for a bride and everyone was in an uproar. Does from all parts of the forest came to try and impress the prince, but one by one, he sent them off without so much as a second. His father, the wise one that he is, set up the search for a bride.

I walked through the forest as my mother ushered me along. She was certainly excited. We weren't a part of any group of deer because of me.

I was born differently from the others...

They  said that I was a huge danger because I couldn't blend into my  surroundings unless it was night

They said that I was a huge danger because I couldn't blend into my surroundings unless it was night. They were fearful that I would be killed by man.

(Note: This is how they refer to hunters in the movie)

As my mother and I entered a clearing, she turned to me. "We aren't far now. Just a while longer." I sighed, but said nothing.

...

When we finally arrived, there were many others waiting. My mother led me to a doe about her age. She smiled at the doe. "Mena, it's been too long! I'm glad you came." Mena smiled back. "It certainly has. Is this little (Y/n)? She's grown into a beautiful doe." I bashfully brushed hoof in the dirt. "Thank you." My mother nodded. "Yes. Since the young prince is looking for a bride, we decided to take the chance."

Mena walked over to a nearby bush. "I was right to bring then." A few bunnies dropped a flower necklace in front of her. She picked it up in her mouth and came over to me. I lowered my head and she slid it into my neck. "There. Now you're ready." My mother sighed. "You're all grown up..." I nuzzled her. "Don't worry, mom. I'll always need you."

Just then, everyone fell silent, looking over to the hill. We followed their gaze to find two bucks standing on the hill.

The prince was here.

Each eligible doe congregated in one group. They all spoke amongst themselves as I approached. I stayed on the outside of the group. Then, one by one, each doe started to approach the prince.

But he sent them away.

As my turn came, I hesitated. I looked back at my mother, but she only smiled. I took a deep breath and approached the prince. I stopped in front of him. His deep brown eyes stared into mine and it felt like everything had stopped. I quickly dropped my gaze to the floor.

Suddenly, I felt a warmth on my back as gasps rang out. The prince's head rested on my upper back.

He was hugging me.

After a few seconds, he pulled away. "You...what is your name?" I looked up at him. "My name is (Y/n), young prince." He turned and started to walk towards the trees. "Follow me, please." I looked back at my mother one more time before following him.

We walked into another clearing ways away from the others. The young prince turned to me. "You're... different...I've never seen any doe with this color. It's beautiful." I looked down and rubbed at the ground with my hoof. "Thank you..." He hummed. "It seems that I've found my bride."

...

Since then, the two of us were inseparable. We went on long walks and spoke about many things. We hadn't said a word to our parents yet because we didn't want them to rush things.

Today, Bambi would be taking me to the meadow.

When we reached the end of the trees, he turned to me. "I have to make sure it's safe." I nodded. "Be careful..." Bambi cautiously stepped into the meadow and looked around before walking further in. He looked around once more before turning to me. " It's safe, love." I approached him and the two of us playfully frolicked around the meadow like two little fawns.

After a while, a cold breeze swept through the meadow, making us come to a stop. Bambi looked across to the opposite side of the meadow in silence.

There was a click.

Then, Bambi turned to me. "(Y/n), run!"

The two of us bolted off as gunshots echoed behind us. The sound of dog barks filled the air. We shot through the trees, jumping over logs and running.

But we couldn't lose them. And I knew why.

I looked at Bambi. "We'll never lose them. I can't blend in." He shook his head. "We will. I promise."

We continued running until we came across a gap. We needed to jump. The barks and gunshots we're getting closer. Bambi jumped first then turned to me. "Jump, (Y/n)!" I jumped across, but then, a gunshot filled the air. I fumbled and hit the ground hard on the other side.

I had been shot.

I tried to stand, but I couldn't. Bambi was immediately by my side. He carefully pulled me over his back. "We have to find my father..." The gunshots and barking had stopped, but I was still scared. Bambi navigated the forest carefully and after a while, we found his father, who took us to a nearby den. "Bambi, wait out here."

I laid on my side in the cave as Bambi's father looked at the wound. He spoke. "Thankfully, the bullet went straight through. Your mother is on her way with some berries to help you heal." I winced at the pain. "T-Thank you." He nodded and walked out of the den to tell Bambi.

After a few minutes, Bambi entered the den. He carefully laid next to me and lovingly nuzzled my neck. "I'm sorry I led you into danger..." I nuzzled him back. "I'm fine now. Don't worry. It wasn't your fault." I laid down. "Now why don't we rest until my mother gets here?" He followed, his head lying on my neck as his body protectively curled around mine.

"I love you, (Y/n)."

"And I love you, Bambi. My forest prince..."