Protecting (Thomas x Pocahontas's Sister! Reader)

A/N: Post movie events!

Your Pov:

I watched from next to my father as the other members of the tribe danced by the fire. We were celebrating with the pale faces. The flames warmed both copper and white skin as laughter filled the air. Father placed a hand on my shoulder. "Look who has arrived." I followed his gaze to find Thomas leading a few of his friends to the fire. He looked up at me and I looked away. Father chuckled. "Go to him. Be happy." I walked towards him, but I was interrupted by Pocahontas, who took me to dance around the fire.

We spun and jumped, giggling as we did so. A few minutes later, Pocahontas twirled me into someone else's arms. I looked up, locking eyes with Thomas. His pale skin was flushed a slight red. I smiled and continued dancing. He followed.

The two of us took a break a while later. We sat further away, by the trees. Thomas turned to me. I looked at him. "Are you going back soon?" He shook his head. "Not for a while, No." The two of us conversed for a while. Then, everyone fell silent as rustling came from the trees. Thomas put an arm in front of me and grabbed his musket, loading it and aiming at the trees. I noted a few of the warriors aiming their bows and arrows at the trees as well.

From the tree line, there came more pale faces. The one leading them spoke. "We're here on orders from the governor. Those of you that have interacted with these savages will be hanged." Thomas stood. "Governor Ratcliffe was sent back to London with no power. Who are you to act as the law?" One of the men shot at a tree a few feet away from Thomas. "We were sent as scouts to assess Jamestown's resources. And they're low. These savages got them from you for free."

Thomas frowned. "These people payed fairly for those resources! You'll have to fight us if you want to take that back."

That's when the fighting began. Everyone hid as bullets and arrows flew. My father ushered Pocahontas and I into one of the houses. I peaked out, watching as the three pale faces were quickly outnumbered. They were tied up and taken away by some of our pale friends. I stepped outside, looking for Thomas. He was speaking with a few of the others. I went to step towards him, when suddenly, I was grabbed. Cold metal was pressed to my neck, making me freeze. A pale face was holding me.

"The savages' princess should be enough to repay Jamestown's debt."

Thomas was completely focused on me. He clutched his musket, but made no move to fire it. "Let her go." The pale face spoke. "She will be coming back to England. If anyone tries to stop me, I'll have to kill her. Now, if you'll excuse us."

He started dragging me away. I followed, not wanting to get hurt. As we got to the tree line, the pale face turned his back to me. In that moment, I smelt gunpowder. The pale face collapsed, bleeding. A stream of smoke flowed from Thomas gun. I felt the side of my neck. When the man fell, I got cut. It was bleeding slightly, but it wasn't serious.

Thomas quickly approached me. "Are you alright? We need to clean that cut." I nodded. "I'm fine, Thomas."

We went into my father's tent and sat down. Thomas started tending to my wound. Once he was finished, we sat in silence, looking at each other. Thomas's eyes started drifting to my lips and I found myself doing the same. Soon enough, our lips touched. It was soft and sweet. We pulled away a few seconds later. He looked at me. "I...I love you, (Y/n)." I smiled. "I love you too, Thomas."

We went back out to join the others. The celebration was back to normal again. Pocahontas quickly dragged me away. "So, what happened?" I shook my head. "Nothing. Why?" She smirked. "I saw everything." She looked past me. "Look!" I looked where she was pointing and saw Thomas speaking with my father. My father smiled and put a hand on Thomas's shoulder as he spoke. It seemed to be positive, so I didn't worry.

Pocahontas laughed. Maybe he's asking to marry you." I rolled my eyes. "As if." Then, everyone fell silent as my father made an announcement.

"Everyone, I wish to honor our brave friend here who rushed into battle for us and who saved my daughter!"

Everyone cheered and then my father continued. "And he has asked to marry (Y/n)! I could not choose a better husband for my daughter! Let us celebrate!"

I stood there in shock. Pocahontas nudged me. "I told you so!" Kekata approached Thomas with a bowl of red paint. My father spoke. "Thomas fought off the enemy and protected our village. He fought with the strength and courage of the wolf!" Kekata dipped his hand into the paint and made a wolf paw print tattoo on his chest between his collarbones.

Everyone cheered. As everyone went to celebrate more, I went to Thomas. "You're a warrior now, Thomas." He looked at me. "Well, I have to be strong if I want to marry you." I giggled. "Either way, I'd love to marry you, Thomas."

And so, under the pale moonlight, by the light of the fire, and surrounded by friends and family, we celebrated our love.