Loveless And Selfless (Papi x Chihuahua! Reader)

A/N: Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

Your Pov:

I walked down the sidewalk of this ritzy place, feeling very out of place. I eventually found the house I was looking for. It was large and had an impressive garden. People were gathered around a gazebo, dancing. I knew Papi had to be here somewhere. As I got closer, I spotted a white chihuahua sitting next to what looked like...Papi.

The white chihuahua was wearing a wedding dress and the other was in a tux. The white one got up and went somewhere. I quickly went to the gazebo. Sitting there alone, was Papi. I spoke from behind him, "Do you know how long I've been searching for you?" He turned, "(Y/n)?" His tail wagged, "I'm so glad you're alright." I scoffed, "No thanks to you. You left me back in that cardboard box in Mexico City!" He sighed, "I know. And, I'm sorry." I rolled my eyes, "You aren't sorry, Papi. You didn't just leave me, you left your own pups! And for what? To be a gardener and marry Miss Prissy Gringa?!" He looked away.

"I'm sorry. When I met Chloe, she just reminded me of you and I fell in love with her. But, I still love you and our kids." I shook my head, "You don't love me or your pups. If you did, you wouldn't have married her. Are you planning on having a family with her as well?" He stayed silent. I continued, "Don't come looking for us, Papi. You will never see my pups if I have anything to say about it. I hope you're happy."

I turned and ran away from that house. I ran until I reached the cardboard box I had been living in. I laid next to my six pups as rain started to fall. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of people talking. I opened my eyes to see a lady crouched down and looking into the box. She took us to her home. It was large and lavish. As we moved, my pups woke up. The first was Valentino, the oldest, "Mama, what's happening?" I nuzzled him, "We've found a new home. That's all." After that, Mariana, Catalina, Lola, Alejandro, and Lucia woke up. The woman gave us all baths and brushed our fur before putting outfits on us. My dress wasn't half bad.

She then led us downstairs to a kitchen. We got to eat steak and other things. Then, she took us to a living room, "I'll be right back. You stay right there." Then, she was gone. Valentino spoke, "Are we going to live here mama?" I nodded, "Yes. This is our new home." After a few minutes, the woman came back. I heard the clicking of nails behind her. She spoke, "Chloe, Papi, I found some new friends." She moved to reveal Papi and Chloe. The woman then left.

I heard Lucia behind me, "I-Is that...dad?" I nodded, "Yes, but..." Chloe spoke up, "Who are you?" I sighed, "I used to live on the streets with Papi until he left me alone. These are my pups, Valentino, Alejandro, Mariana, Catalina, Lola, and Lucia." She tilted her head, "Where's their father?" Valentino spoke before I could, "He left us when we were born."

After that, Chloe left for the groomer. I turned to Papi, the pups still behind me, "You're just going to ignore your pups now? Fine." I looked at my pups, "Come on. Let's go." Papi spoke up, "Can I talk to them?" I huffed, "Make it quick." He spoke to them, "I...I know I wasn't around, but I still want to be your father. Girls, you're as beautiful as your mother. Boys, I'm proud of you for helping your mother."

Papi played with them, making them laugh in a way I'd never been able to. A while later, they fell asleep. Papi turned to me, "Thanks for letting me see them." I nodded, "Yeah. But, I think we're going to find another place." He was silent. I sighed, "We'll be gone in the morning. Goodnight."

The next morning, I got the pups ready to go. I turned to Papi, "Goodbye, Papi." I nuzzled him before leaving with the pups.

'I have so much to learn...'