Intervention (Family Madrigal x Madrigal! Reader)

A/N: Reader is 20 years old and Mirabel's sister. Reader does have a gift and everyone in the village always asks for her.

Your Pov:

I sat in my room, staring down at the bedsheets. I needed to focus, but lately, it seemed harder to. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I could feel everything around me. The slight breeze, the blooming of new flowers.

Of new...life...

I relaxed as I felt a hand rest on the one gripping the bedsheets. A soft voice reached my ears. "Mija, it's alright. Talk to me." The familiar voice made me smile. I opened my eyes.

Dark brown hair and warm brown eyes to match his warm smile.

"I know, abuelo. I'm just worried."

He sighed, but the smile never left his face. "Your abuela will understand soon. She is growing and learning, just as you are." I nodded and stood up, slipping my shoes on. "I feel a lot better now. Thanks abuelo."

His touch faded and in his place was a yellow butterfly perched on my finger. I walked to the open window and stuck my hand out. The butterfly flew away, disappearing over the horizon. I left my room and headed downstairs. Almost immediately, abuela was guiding me to the front door.

"Hurry, hurry. Nicolas is waiting outside for you. He wants to observe your gift!"

Nicolas was one of the men from a new family that just moved into the town. He was two years older than me and like Mariano, beared a strong resemblance to abuelo. Abuela wanted me to marry him, but I disagreed. He was only interested in my gift, not me.

I quickly nodded and left Casita, waving as I did so. Nicolas was waiting outside for me. I plastered a smile on my face. "Good morning." He grabbed my hand. "You look beautiful this morning."

The two of us walked down to the village and almost immediately, I had people calling for my attention.

"(Y/n)! I need you to talk to my husband!"

"(Y/n)! Will you ask my tia some questions for me?"

"(Y/n)! Can you see if my dog is happy?"

However, I couldn't ignore them. I had to help the community after all. My gift was that I could see and communicate with those who have passed on, whether they were human or animal. I could also help spirits pass on if they were stuck.

When I got my gift, the first spirit I saw was abuelo. But I never told anyone. My door had me standing in the middle with butterflies flying in a curve upwards on the left and a hand touching my shoulder on the right.

I ushered the people to a nearby building as Nicolas followed after me. I opened the door and stepped inside, grabbing the oil lamp from the table and lighting it.

"One at a time inside, please. And please stay quiet. I really need to focus."

With that, everyone fell totally silent as the first one entered. Nicolas looked at me, but I shook my head. "You can't be in here either."

And so, I spent the day helping the townsfolk find peace and move on.

But something felt wrong...

...

(Timeskip to when everyone starts losing their gifts)

I could hear abuela yelling at Mirabel downstairs. I slowly stood from my bed and touched my way towards the door. My vision was so blurred and had darkened at the edges. I couldn't make contact with any spirits. Even abuelo.

I opened the door and cautiously went down the stairs. As I reached the bottom step, my vision went completely black and I stumbled. "I-I can't see anything..." Abuela yelled again. "And (Y/n)...(Y/n) is blind! All because of you!"

I felt my mother grasp my arm as Casita began to shake and cracks filled the air. I was defenseless.

I wished that I could seek out abuelo one more time. Surely, he'd know what to do...

Then, a voice whispered in my ear as a hand rested on my shoulder.

"This family has fallen apart and become disoriented, but it will come together and you will all reunite. I promise, mija..."

...

(Timeskip to after Casita is repaired)

I silently led abuela back to the river. I knew about what had happened here, but I never told abuela that I had saw abuelo with my gift. We stopped a few feet from the water. She looked at me. "What are we doing here?" I sighed. "It's my gift. Abuela, close your eyes and grab my hands. Please."

Without a word, she grabbed my hands and closed her eyes. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I was going to need all of the energy I could get. After a few seconds, I heard the water rippling in the river. I opened my eyes and looked over, smiling.

"Abuelo Pedro..."

Abuela's eyes opened and she looked at me. "Pedro? What-" She looked over at the river and tears filled her eyes. "Pedro...my Pedro!" Using my energy made him visible to her. She could hear and see him. He smiled and waded to the edge of the river where we stood. "Alma...I am sorry that you had to suffer without me. But because of you, we have a beautiful family filled with so much love."

He reached a hand out the her and she let go of one of my hands to grab his. Their fingers intertwined for a moment before abuelo squeezed her hand. "I am always with you, Alma. In the wind, the stars, even the butterflies. I love you, mi alma." Abuela nodded. "I love you too. More than you know..."

Abuelo nodded towards me and I nodded back. I looked at abuela. "It's time..."

She hesitantly let go of his hand and turned to me. I closed my eyes and focused. A few seconds later, I felt something land on my hand.

I opened my eyes. A flood of butterflies flew around the two of us. We looked up at the sky as the butterflies disappeared over the horizon. As they did, I had one final thought.

'I can see now...Thank you abuelo...'

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this. By the way, if you didn't know, 'mi alma' means 'my soul'. I hope I didn't offend any of you with my use of the terms I used that were not English. Thank you!