Similar Differences (Lord Milori x Fairy! Reader)

Your Pov:

I flew towards the pixie dust tree, smiling as the wind ruffled my hair. I had lessons with Queen Clarion today. She was like a mother to me. When I came to Pixie Hollow, no one was expecting what would happen.

I had walked to each mushroom, trying to find my talent. Each talent item I touched reacted positively. And at the end, no one knew what to do. A fairy with every talent was unheard of. But Queen Clarion reassured me.

After that, she took me in and taught me everything she could about Pixie Hollow. I would become Queen when she stepped down.

Once I made it to the tree, I searched for the queen. She was in the main hall. She smiled at me. "Ah, (Y/n). Right on time." I smiled back. "I came as fast as I could. What's today's lesson?" She lifted her hand, showing me a crisp white envelope. "No lessons today. There is going to be a ball in the Winter Woods. You'll be going in my stead."

My eyes widened. "B-But...Me? Are you sure?" She nodded. "Yes. I have other matters to attend to and I need you to go in my place." I sighed. "Ok. But what will I wear?" She smiled. "I've already figured that out."

...

Hours later, I found myself in a beautiful gown with a crown nestled in my hair. Queen Clarion stood in front of me. She spoke. "You look wonderful, my dear. Now, you should go before you're late." With that, I stepped onto the dove waiting outside the pixie dust tree.

It flew into the air, the breeze calming me. I could see the faint pixie dust trails of the fairies below as they flew towards the ball in the winter woods. My wings had been prefrosted before I left, so I didn't have to wait at the border. As I crossed the border, the breeze turned cold and ruffled my dress.

 As I crossed the border, the breeze turned cold and ruffled my dress

As I flew over the mountain, I spotted the ball between the trees

As I flew over the mountain, I spotted the ball between the trees. Suddenly a screech came from above me. I looked up to see a Hawk lunging towards me. I had no time to react as it clawed at the dove, flinging me off. With my wings frosted, I couldn't fly.

I fell, the scream dying in my throat. But then, warm arms circled around my waist, holding me tight. I leaned back into a firm chest as the owl we were on turned around towards the ball. I looked behind me and froze.

"L-Lord Milori..."

He was silent as we landed a little ways away from the ball. He helped me off his owl. "Are you alright? Your wings?" I nodded. "Yes. It just gave me a fright. That's it." He held his hand out to me. "Well then, would you accompany me to the ball, your highness?" I took his hand. "I'd love to, milord."

We entered the area where the ball was being held. Frost lanterns hung from the plants, glowing a beautiful ice blue. The snow had been cleared from the ground and the soil had been frosted over, giving it a shine. Fairies filled the area, dancing and laughing.

The other ministers sat in their chairs, watching over everything. I looked at Lord Milori. "Thank you for the escort, milord." He nodded. "Of course." He went to his own chair and I began mingling with the others. But that entire night, I could only think about one particular sparrowman.

And deep down, I hoped he was thinking about me as well.