Star Crossed PT. 4

Star Crossed PT. 4

Your Pov:

We all watched in silence as Kocoum was carried into one of the huts. Kekata entered the hut and then reemerged a few minutes later, his head hung low. The chief approached and Kekata spoke quietly to him. After a few minutes, the chief's eyes turned sad, then angry.

That's when Pocahontas came up the hill. "Father, I-!" He turned to her. "I told you to stay in the village. You have shamed your father! Kocoum is dead because of you!"

After that, everyone followed the chief and Kekata into the hut to mourn. Pocahontas fell to her knees and bowed her head. I quietly turned and walked into the trees.

I knew that the English camp had probably heard about what happened. I had to stop this before anyone else got hurt.

I ran through the trees, moving towards the camp. It would take me a while, but I had to get there.

...

I arrived on the outskirts of the camp just as night fell. I could hear the men yelling from inside. I heard Thomas's voice. "The savages! They got him!" The voices continued on, asking questions and voicing their concerns.

Then, I heard John's voice. "I told you they couldn't be trusted. Now they have my soon to be wife and Smith! We must get them back!" The men cheered. I crept around the wall of the camp until I made it to a small opening.

I could see the men preparing their guns and armor. Thomas stood away from the others, his face unsure. I knew he didn't want or mean to hurt anyone. Soon enough, they all departed the camp. I followed after them in the shadows, just in case I had to intervene.

As we made it out of the tree line, I spotted the natives on the overhanging cliff with Mr. Smith in their grasp. They forced his head down on a flat rock. I gasped as the chief lifted a club into the air. Just then, Pocahontas covered Mr. Smith, stopping her father. I quickly made my way up the cliff.

Thankfully, the chief had decided to make peace with the situation. But John was not pleased. He yelled to Thomas and the others. "Fire!" Thomas stepped forward. "No." John looked at him. "What?" The rest of the men backed Thomas but John's anger only grew. He grabbed one of the guns from one of the men nearby and fired at the chief. Mr. Smith jumped in front of him, taking the bullet.

At that moment, I finally snapped. I went back down the cliff and finally made myself known. "John!" Thomas looked at me. "(Y/n)!" John turned to me. "(Y/n)! You look like a filthy savage!" He turned to the men. "See! They took my bride and forced her into their savage ways!" The others ignored him and grabbed the gun from him before tying him up.

I approached him. "I am done obeying your every rule. You are a vile man and an inhumane beast. And I will not be marrying you! I hope you rot!" I slapped him as hard as I could before walking away. I went to Thomas. "Thomas!" He smiled. "I'm so glad you're alright. Have you been treated well?" I nodded. "Yes. The village is perfect and I love it there."

He gently took my hand. "Well...I've been wanting to tell you something for a while." I held both of his hands. "Yes?" He hesitated. "I...I love you..." I smiled and leaned in, kissing him. I pulled away after a few more seconds.

"I love you too."

...

John Smith, Ratcliffe, and a few of the others were heading back to England. Thomas had decided to stay with me. We both saw the ship off before heading back to the village.

In the village, everyone was smiling and celebrating. Copper and white skin intermingled peacefully. I led Thomas to my small hut. "Welcome home." He hugged me. "It's perfect and it's ours." I smiled and kissed him.

"Yes. Our home..."