Finding Home Pt. 1 (Dimitri x Reader)

A/N: I know Anastasia technically isn't Disney, but still. I just had inspiration for this!

Your Pov:

I walked through the snow with my sister Anya and her new puppy. We had just left the orphanage and Anya decided that she wanted to find our family instead of finding a job. So, I followed after her. I felt a little bad for Anya. She had no idea that I knew who our family was or what happened to them.

I remembered it so vividly. Those ten years ago, grandmama lost us at the train. Anya lost her grip and knocked me down too. I didn't lose my memory though. Anya was the missing Anastasia and I was the missing (Y/n). People paid my name little heed, thinking I was named after one of the grand duchesses. I never told her, fearing people would think she was crazy. We got to St. Petersburg and headed towards the train station.

Anya spoke to the Ticketmaster, "Two tickets to Paris please." The Ticketmaster spoke, "Travel visa?" Anya tilted her head, "Visa?" The Ticketmaster spoke, "No visa, no tickets!" After that, an older woman pointed us towards the old palace, "Dimitri's who you're looking for. He's looking for Anastasia and (Y/n). But you didn't hear that from me."

I looked at Anya, "Come on. Let's go." We got to the old palace. The once shining windows were boarded up and the grand doors were also gone and boarded. I looked at Anya, then, her puppy squeezed through a hole in the boards. I sighed, "Let's go get him." I walked slowly through the palace, smiling as I remembered all the good times I had here. I followed Anya to the ball room. I spun around as I crossed the floor. I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard a man call out to us, "Hey! What are you doing here?" I looked up the stairs to see a young, tall brunette guy. I grabbed Anya by the arm, "Come on. Let's go."

We ran up the steps, hearing the guy chase after us. Just as we got to the large hanging banner depicting the Romanov family, he caught us. He spoke, "What are you doing he...here?" He started to grin, "Vlad, do you see what I see?" The man next to him squinted his eyes, "Oh. Yes, yes." The brunette picked up Pooka and handed him to the other man. I spoke, "Are you Dimitri?" The brunette smirked.

"Perhaps. That depends on who's looking for him." I rolled my eyes, "I'm (Y/n). This is my sister, Anya. We need travel papers." Anya nodded. Dimitri started circling us, "Hmm..." Anya snapped at him, "Hey and why, why are you circling me? Were you a vulture in another life?" I looked at her, "Anya!" Dimitri shook his head, "It's fine, but it's just...just that you look an awful lot like...Never mind...Now, you said something about travel papers?" Anya nodded, "Um, yes. We'd like to get to Paris." Dimitri smiled, "You'd like to go to Paris?" We both nodded. He looked at us.

"Let me ask you something, Anya and (Y/n) was it... Is there a last name that goes with that?" I shook my head, "No. But, well, actually...This is going to sound crazy...we don't know our last names. We were found wondering around when I was 7 years old and Anya was 8." Dimitri nodded, "And before that?" I bit my lip, "Look, we don't have a lot of memories of our past."

I lied the him. I could remember just fine, but I wouldn't let them know that. Anya nodded, "But we do have one clue and that is Paris." Dimitri huffed, "Paris..." I spoke, "So can you help us or not?" Dimitri whispered something to Vlad. Vlad handed him 4 slips of paper. Dimitri smiled, "Ah sure would like to ...in fact, oddly enough, we're going to Paris ourselves." He continued, "And I've got four...Aw... well, this one is...but I've got tickets here."

I pulled Anya back as she tried to grab the tickets. Dimitri smiled, "Eh, Unfortunately the third and fourth are for them: (Y/n) and Anastasia." Then, they took us over to the portrait of our grandmother. Vlad spoke, "We are going to reunite the Grand Duchesses with their grandmother." Dimitri looked at me, "You do kind of resemble them..." Vlad nodded

"The same (e/c) or blue eyes." Dimitri continued, "The Romanov eyes." Vlad smiled, "Nicholas' smile." Dimitri lifted my chin, "Alexandria's chin." Vlad gripped Anya's hands, "Oh, look! She had even has the grandmother's hands." Anya pulled away from him. Dimitri nodded, "She's the same age, the same physical type." Anya crossed her arms, "Are you trying to tell me that you think that I am Anastasia and that my sister is the actual (Y/n)?"

Dimitri grinned, "All I'm trying to tell you is that I've seen thousands of girls all over the country and not one of them looks as much like the Grand Duchesses as you two do. I mean look at the portrait." Anya snapped, "I knew you were crazy from the beginning, but now I think you are both mad." I frowned, "Anya! This is our only way out of here." Anya stayed silent as they started walking away. Just as they got down the stairs, Anya spoke.

"Dimitri!"

After a long conversation, they decided to take us with them. Dimitri spoke, "May I present their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duchesses (Y/n) and Anastasia." With that, we were on our way to a new future...