Magic Love (Schmendrick x Princess! Reader)

A/N: This is from The Last Unicorn! Reader is Prince Lír's sister!

Your Pov:

I sighed as I overlooked the ocean from the balcony. Father had welcomed two women and man into the castle this morning. They consisted of the magician Schmendrick, Lady Amalthea, and Molly Grue.

I became quick friends with Schmendrick and Molly, but Lady Amalthea was quite hard to read.

Suddenly, a voice came from behind me. "Princess?" I turned around. "Schmendrick, what is it?" He looked at me. "Your father and brother have left for a hunting expedition. I am to keep you company." I shook my head. "No. You may go. I wish to be alone."

I jumped slightly as a bouquet of roses appeared in Schmendrick's hands. He held them out to me. "Beautiful flowers for a beautiful princess." I sighed. "Thank you..."

And so, I spent the rest of the day with Schmendrick. He made me laugh and I felt butterflies in my stomach every time I looked into his deep blue eyes.

...

We soon found ourselves sitting in my bedroom. I shivered as his hand found mine. His thumb rubbed the top of my hand. "I've never seen anyone quite as beautiful as you, princess." I shook my head. "There's no need for you to flatter me. I know full well you're worried about what I might tell my father."

He hummed. "But it's true that I think you're beautiful. Do you not have a suitor?" I looked down at our conjoined hands. "I am engaged to a prince of some far off land. I know neither his face nor his name. Father chose him for me." Schmendrick paused. "...I see. But what if you could leave this place and-!"

Father's voice sharply cut him off. "I hope you weren't filling my daughter's head with useless thoughts." Schmendrick stood and bowed. "No, your majesty. Of course not." Father huffed at him. "You're dismissed." Schmendrick bowed again before leaving the room.

Father turned to me. "You know you are to be married. You do not need to be around that bumbling magician." I bowed my head. "Yes, father."

I soon found myself in the kitchen with my brother and Molly. She was cooking dinner and Lír was helping. Molly sighed. "Princess, if you really love him, follow your heart." I looked at her. "But my father..." She shook her head. "His opinion doesn't matter. Only yours does."

I looked at her. "...You're right. I need to follow my heart." And so, I turned and left the kitchen.

...

A day later, I found myself standing outside the ruins of the castle, watching as countless unicorns ran towards the forest. Schmendrick, my brother, and Molly all stood below on the beach. I joined them.

Schmendrick turned to me. "Come with me. Please." I smiled. "I thought you'd never ask." And with that, I finally kissed him.

My dreams were finally a reality.