Numbing (Flynn Rider x Rapunzel's Sister! Reader)

A/N:  The reader was also taken by Gothel. This takes place after the events  of the movie but Rapunzel and Flynn are not together.

Your Pov:

I  sat in my bedroom, staring at the wall in silence. My eyes burned from  the countless hours of crying I just did. In the room next to me, I  could hear Rapunzel yelling at Flynn. I stood up and walked to the  fireplace. On the mantle was my box of letters.

Letters from Flynn.

I  grabbed the box and sat on the floor. The yelling stopped and I heard  my door creak open. Flynn stepped inside, shutting the door behind him. I  spoke quietly, "I saved every letter you wrote me. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were mine. You said you were mine. I thought you were mine..."

He stayed quiet.

I  continued as I opened the box, "Do you know what Rapunzel said when I  told her what you'd done? She said "You have married an Icarus. He has  flown too close to the sun"." He took a step towards me. I glared at  him, "Don't take another step in my direction. I can't be trusted around  you. Don't think you can talk your way into my arms." I picked up one  of the envelopes and opened it.

"I'm burning the letters you  wrote me. You can stand over there if you want. I don't know who you  are. I have so much to learn. I'm re-reading your letters and watching  them burn..."

He reached a hand out to me, "(Y/n), I'm sorry!"

I  snapped, "No, you aren't! You published the letters she wrote to  you. You told the whole world how you brought this girl into our bed! In  clearing your name, you have ruined our lives!"

He stepped  towards me, "Please, listen to me. I love you, (Y/n)." I stepped back,  "You don't care about anybody but yourself. You...you!"

I looked  at him, tossing his old, battered satchel at him, "Heaven forbid someone  whispers 'He's part of some scheme'! Your enemy whispers, so you have  to scream! I know about whispers..."

I held my arms to my chest.

"I see how you look at my sister!"

He  flinched back, "(Y/n), I never meant to hurt you. It didn't mean  anything to me!" I frowned and tossed another letter into the roaring  fire, "Don't! I'm not naive. I have seen women around you! Don't think I  don't see how they fall for your charms! All your charms..." He looked  down at the ground, "(Y/n)..."

I watched the fireplace crackle,  "I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let this kingdom's future  historians wonder how (Y/n) reacted when you broke her heart! You have  thrown it all away. Stand back, watch it burn...Just...watch it all  burn!"

I picked up a paper from my desk and rested a hand on my  stomach. I pushed the paper into his chest, "And when the time comes,  explain to the children the pain and embarrassment you put their  mother through! When will you learn...That they are your legacy? We are  your legacy!" Tears rolled down his face without pause.

I put out  the fireplace and walked towards the door, "If you thought you were  mine..." I opened the door and stepped into the hallway.

"Don't!"

I slammed the door and walked down the hall...

Past Rapunzel...

Past my parents...

I  stopped in the garden and fell to my knees in front of the fountain. I  rested my forehead on the cool stone as sobs wracked my body and echoed  in the dark, lonely garden on that cold, freezing night.