For Eternity (Male! Maleficent x Reader)

Your Pov :

I ran through the forest, the skirt of the wedding dress snagging on roots and branches. I could hear the yelling behind me, but I didn't look back.

I had been arranged to marry an awful man and today, on our wedding day, I ran away. Unfortunately, I was spotted and then chased after.

I could see the thorn wall of the Moors on the horizon. I burst through the trees and ran across the field. I could hear my pursuers getting closer. I scrambled through a hole in the thorny branches, ignoring the cuts and scrapes they made on my skin.

Once I made it to the other side, I stopped. My pursuers didn't follow. One of them spoke. "She's as good as dead in there." Then, they left. Not taking any chances, I walked further into the Moors. It was so beautiful.

So magical...

I stopped in front of a pond and sat down. I dipped my hand in, feeling the refreshing coolness. Suddenly, I heard a voice. "You, girl, why are you here?" I turned to look behind me. That's when I spotted him.

The king of the Moors.

I fell back into the pond in shock. The water soaked into my dress, making it heavier. I got out of the pond, shivering. "I mean no harm. I was being chased and had no choice but to enter this place." He looked at me, bright green eyes moving over each part of me. "What of these bruises and scars?"

That's when I had noticed. The water had rinsed away the makeup covering the bruises and marks all over my body. I shook my head. "They're nothing, but I will leave now."

He stopped me. "Your pursuers are still outside the wall. I can feel them." He continued. "Follow me, girl." I followed him through the trees until we arrived in a clearing. A throne was carved into a nearby tree, surrounded by branches. He sat on the throne. "Were you to be wed? You're certainly dressed like a bride."

I nodded. "Yes, but it was arranged. Today, before the wedding, I ran." He hummed. "May I ask why?" I took a deep breath. "The man I was to marry...he wasn't very kind. He was a terrible man." Maleficent tilted his head. "These bruises and marks...he gave them to you?"

I hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "Yes." He looked to the raven perched on a branch nearby. "Go. Remove the intruders." The raven cawed before flying away. Maleficent looked at me. "Once they are gone, you may go." I spoke. "But I have nowhere-"

He cut me off. "In the forest near the castle, there is a woodcutter's cottage. Go there." He waved his hand and wisps of golden colored smoke swirled around me. When they faded, I found that my dress had been switched to another and a choker rested around my neck.

 When they faded, I found that my dress had been switched to another and a choker rested around my neck

He spoke once more. "If I have use for you, I shall send Diaval. Now go." I bowed. "Thank you. I'll never forget you." I turned and left the clearing, ready to start my new life. I looked down at my hand and smiled.

The ring was gone.

...

No One's Pov:

Maleficent didn't understand why he felt compelled to help you. You were just like any other human. However, when he saw you there, shivering and bruised, something changed.

He rolled the engagement ring in his hand, feeling the cold metal rub against his skin. The stone on it was barely big enough to be seen. In his eyes, this ring was a joke. Like the groom had put no thought behind what the bride would like. He clenched it in his fist, turning it to dust.

He had sent Diaval to make sure you arrived at the cottage safely, so he wasn't too concerned. Still, he used his magic to conjure up a vision of you. You were walking through the forest with Diaval. He was in his human form. He said something and you giggled.

Maleficent dispelled the vision with a growl. He didn't need to watch anymore. As long as you wore the choker, he'd always know where you were.

That was a promise.

A/N: Part two?