Chapter 37

3rd pov
kakyoin arrived at the higashikata residence. not too big. not too small. a comfy home with a mother and a son. kakyoin have really a lot of memories about this house with josuke.

seeing his childhood friend, his younger brother be like this make his heart want to know the cause. maybe he might can help him.

he knocked the front door. revealed tomoko. her smile flashed as she saw the red haired. "kakyoin! come in. finally you came" tomoko opened the door wide enough for kakyoin enter.

"thank you for letting me see josuke, miss tomoko" kakyoin said. "never mind that cuz I think maybe you are the only who can help him" tomoko said. 'I'm the only who can help?' kakyoin thought.

"josuke is in his room. you can go see him. I'll be at the kitchen if you need something" kakyoin quickly reassure her before going upstairs.

as he is in front josuke's room, he knocked. "josuke? are you in there?" kakyoin called. no answer. "josuke, if you don't open this door.. I will-" , "you will what? kakyoin" finally, the younger replied him.

"josuke! open this door for me, please.." kakyoin plead. "kakyoin.. just go please.." josuke answered. kakyoin have enough.

"I'll go as soon you give the answer, josuke" kakyoin warned. "what cause?" josuke asked. "the cause. why you being like this" kakyoin said.

as josuke heard this, he just tched. kakyoin heard it but he just don't mind it. "tell me the reason, josuke"

"can you just fucking leave me alone, kakyoin?!" josuke yelled. this make kakyoin surprised or shocked. josuke had never raised his voice while talking to him. this is a first.

"josuke, it's not nice you are raising your voice to someone you consider a family" kakyoin stated. "like yea, what a family who doesn't tell everything to the other huh?" josuke sassed. "what do you mean.."

"what I mean is if u consider me as your family before the dinner, why wouldn't you tell me about you had found your mate?!" josuke yelled.

"josuke, i-", "you told rohan about it! you didn't even tell me. your own childhood friend!" josuke is thankful his door still closed. he doesn't have the gut to say all this to kakyoin face to face. now he can let it all out.

kakyoin just stay silent and then he speaks up " and so why my personal life related to all this?" kakyoin hands came in contact to the door in front of him. (a/n: fuck. when you think about.. both of them are arguing to the door)

"you really do want to know the reason, kakyoin?! it's because I fuckin loved you!" josuke answered.

silence came into the atmosphere. kakyoin can't believe what he just listened. "josuke.. I...i-" kakyoin stammered. can't seems to find the right words.

"now you know the reason, leave me alone" josuke plead. his voice turned soft and weak. josuke felt bad about this but this is the only way so kakyoin can go away.

kakyoin just comply with his demand. "I'm sorry josuke, I didn't know" kakyoin said before going down the stairs.

+

"miss tomoko, I felt bad" kakyoin said. tomoko just stand there across him in the kitchen. "don't be kakyoin. it's not your fault" she said to him but sadly he didn't feel great.

"do you know about this?" kakyoin asked. she inhaled a quick breath before release it. " yea like it's too obvious, kakyoin. and I'm his mother. I know my own kid" she answered.

kakyoin just looked down. ashamed of himself. he felt he is a bad friend. he can't help josuke since he have feelings for him but his heart right is jotaro's.

"miss tomoko, if I knew about his feelings m-maybe I don't attend the dinner.. maybe I w-will reasoned with him or saying something that makes him feel better.. or maybe if I knew this sooner, maybe I will just accept since-"

" KAKYOIN!" tomoko snapped.

"don't.. continue it. I knew josuke really loved you but maybe he just can't accept it or he isn't good with handling with heart breaks" kakyoin listened.

"you want to say you want to accept his feelings? just for the sake of his happiness? or it's because you don't have a mate for 8 years and you want to use my son as second chance? imagine kakyoin.. you're an adult, accepting an 18 year old feelings? " tomoko looked at him disgusted.

"n-No! miss tomoko! I'm sorry! im sorry! I shouldn't have said that! please forgive me" kakyoin bowed down. he's not in the right mind. tomoko looked at him. her face softened.

"kakyoin, I heard from your mother that you a have a partner.. that I'm happy for you but imagine it.. you accept my son's feelings because he have feelings for you? he will be happy.. but what about yours?" kakyoin looked up at her.

"I knew my son. he might not be happy if he is the one your happiness isn't the best" tomoko hands came in contact with his head. "so kakyoin.. just focus with your life. your happiness. I know I'm his mother but josuke will move on from you" tomoko warmly smiled.

"miss tomoko.." kakyoin called. " so just be happy and focus with your man, kakyoin" tomoko tried to cheered yo kakyoin. "but.." kakyoin worried. "don't worry, I will be taking care of the big baby. we both knew josuke will move on and find someone new. someone who can take care of him like you used to" tomoko reassure him.

"if you said it like that.. thanks, miss tomoko. I'll be heading back to work for now" kakyoin stand up and start to grab his belongings.

"it's nice for having you, kakyoin. brings back the old memories" tomoko said. he just smiled. before he left the house and big goodbyes to her.

+

josuke. who have been hearing all the conversation away from his mother and kakyoin's sights, his heart aches. what his mother said is true.. kakyoin already found his happiness. his mate.

all this time he wishes kakyoin is the one for him but God maybe saving someone who is better for him.

------
author notes:
forgive me if there's any slight typo. I have checked this chapter so many times. maybe I will edit again later