Chapter 40

3rd pov
months have passed. everything goes back to normal. finally the relationship between kakyoin and josuke finally made up. even though josuke can't move on completely, he'll try.

kakyoin is happy that his relationship between josuke and him start to get better. without any unwanted conflict happened.

kakyoin start to get used to his new lifestyle, being the mate to his alpha, jotaro who is the heir of the big company. everyday it's like a dream. waking up with jotaro beside him. it's like a blessing.

+

"why jotaro doesn't propose to you yet? " polnareff ask the red haired. "w-what? " kakyoin stuttered. "yea. like you two have been fucking and living under the same roof, shouldn't he propose to you now? " ,"POLNAREF!! " kakyoin can't hide his redded face.

they are at the company's cafe. it's lunch hour so polnareff ask him to join his lunch together since they're from different department.

"well.. we just met this year. its makes sense that we want to take it slow" kakyoin explained. "don't talk to me like you already married! you and avdol still fiances!". polnareff answered " avdol promised said we will get married after we found a good home to live! " but polnareff's face changed to concerned. "kakyoin.. is there something that's been bothering you? related to jotaro? " polnareff asking him.

"what? you want me to badmouth my mate?" kakyoin glared. "as much I love to gossip but I just worried bout you" polnareff told him. "lately your mind always like it's somewhere else. you used to stay focused but now you're ... blur" polnareff continue eating his meal.

kakyoin stop eating. to be honest, yes, he do have this weird feeling about jotaro. they promised each other that they wouldnt keep each other any secret but why does he feels that jotaro is lying?

that one thing thats ticks him off till this day is the picture the girl. in that  small library in their shared home.. like he can ask jotaro about the girl but he thinks the answer is not something he would like.

"polnareff.. maybe there's something that is bothering me.. I just want someone to listen it okay.. maybe after I let it out maybe I will be okay" polnareff just nods, genuinely want to help his best friend. this is also this will make him shut up about it, kakyoin thought.

"okay! you know I can lend you an ear! "

+

"YOU WANT TO SAY HE HAVE A DAUGHTER?! "

"SHHHH!! QUITE DOWN! " kakyoin tried to calm his now panicked and shocked friends. thankfully they're at the smoking area. it's a balcony that's far away from offices.

"now I need some cigarette" polnareff lit up his cigarette. kakyoin gave polnareff a little space so the smokes doesn't come at him.

"kakyoin, are you really sure that what you see are true?? " polnareff looked at him straight in the eye. "polnareff, if I'm not sure, I wouldn't tell you" kakyoin stated.

this make polnareff stand back and thinking. thinking hard. kakyoin look at him and thought this is the first time he saw him thinking this hard.

"I don't know if it s true.. but there's one thing" polnareff lift his head. kakyoin now feel tensed. "way few years ago.. when jotaro is 20 or something.. he suddenly fly to America. some says for vacation or college.. " polnareffs face suddenly turned grim. "but I think it's because a mate.." kakyoin eyes widen.

"are you sure..? maybe it's because of continuing his study? " kakyoin try to think rational. "yea at first I do thought thats the reason but he's 20 at that time but he doesn't have a mate like you kakyoin once.. actually for alpha they don't have to have a mate at an early 20s but again he's from a well known family.." kakyoin now feel uneasy. polnareff noticed his friends change demeanor.