Chapter 39

3rd pov
*morning
*josuke's house

the teenage boy still laying down asleep in his bed. tired cuz crying his hearts out about kakyoin.

"josuke?" his mom called. he hummed as a response. "are you still skipping school today?" his mom asked weakly. this make josuke feels so bad.

it's his senior year and he really looking to graduate without a problems in his way but maybe god want to test his patience. with much force he wakes up and opened the door. "josuke! my son!" his mom hugged.

"whoa there, mom!" he surprised by her sudden action. "you don't know how much I'm worried and I might think you will be rotting in there forever!" her mom sobbing. josuke just calmed her down.

"I'm sorry, mom. I'll be trying to forget this feelings and also I don't want to repeat school" josuke said. this sends him off when tomoko suddenly pinch his ears.

"now you cared about school and repeat the year??! thank god that brains of yours still function properly!" tomoko nagged. josuke just laugh because he love this side of his mother.

+

"here, josuke. I packed you lunch" tomoko gave him his lunch and josuke thanked her. "let your mama kiss your cheeks, josuke!" , "mom!!" he embarrassed. as he opened the door to get away from his mother, he saw a car in front of his house. "josuke? who is that?" her mom curious.

the car doke opened and it's revealed rohan. "rohan sensei!?" josuke shocked. "is it one of your friends?" tomoko asked but rohan answered it "good morning, miss higashikata. I'm kishibe rohan, josuke's friends. I heard this brat will come to school today so I'm here helping him sends to school"

"WHAT?!" josuke disbelief. 'why rohan suddenly acted this way??' he thought. his thought stops when his mother pushed him forward. "oh goshh its really nice of you, rohan. josuke, be good and let your friends sends you" tomoko told him.

"but I just can go with my bike-" rohan stopped him. "I heard today weather is not so great after your school over, so why not let me send you today?" rohan asked but his hands grab the teen's wrist. "BUT-"

+

"can you tell me why you suddenly acted like this?" josuke asked. his gaze still looking out from the window. rohan's focus is one the road but he answered. "I need reference" he said. "for what..?" curious josuke. "reference of some heartbroken teen for my upcoming manga ideas" rohan joked.

"hey it's not funny!" josuke claimed. 'but seriously why he acted like this' josuke confused.  "I will be moving on from kakyoin" josuke said.

"and why is that?" rohan asked. "because... kakyoin had found his mate.. he have been waiting for eight years for that.. and I don't want to be the one who clash it.. " josuke stated. rohan glancing at him then continued focusing on the road.

"rohan sensei, you're acting weird now " josuke questions. "you usually act this... generous to me" josuke looked at the artist weirdly. "I do good when i feel like it, okay? " rohan trying to defend himself. "nah but you're now weird, sensei" josuke stated.

"I already told you it's for my reference, okay? " rohan added. josuke looks at him disbelieve "you know that isn't true" josuke finally gave up. it's no use to argue with the man beside him. he gave the man a glance and saw the bandage he put on the night he stay at rohans house. the sudden feeling of worried and guilty came over him.

the silence finally lift off when rohan said "I'm glad that you're fine, josuke" rohans focuses still on the road but for josuke, his heart suddenly feels a tingle when the man said that. he laughed. "what? whats so funny about? " rohan ticked. " never mind, sensei. " josuke playfully said.

+

it's finally evening, meaning school hours finally over for today. as he walked down from stairs, he remembered what rohan said.

"I'm glad that you're fine, josuke"

without noticing, an instant blush came on his face. 'god.. stop thinking about it.. ' he thought.

when he reached the school gate, a hands tugged onto his uniform. "josuke! " he flinched at the owner of the voice. he turned around it's kakyoin.

"kakyoin.. " the omega gave him a weak smile. "wouldn't you mind if we have a small talk? at the park we used to play when we were kids? " kakyoin plead. he nodded as a yes.

as they were walking to their destination, josuke open his mouth. "kakyoin, what ever I just said yesterday.. please forgive me" josuke begged. "if I ever use any words that might offended you, I hope you forgive me" josuke looked at the man beside him. kakyoin smiled. that smiled that used to melt josuke heart, now for him it didn't gave him any reaction.

"I know you don't meant anything you said, josuke. we are literally childhood friends remember? " kakyoin said. his hands came to the alpha's back and soothes it. "but it's me that should be sorry. about me and jotaro. I don't tell you because I don't want to affect your study. I think you will be thrilled if I told you sooner.. before the dinner" kakyoin said. "plus, at that time, you're on a school trip with your friends. I don't want to distracting on your holiday "

the shine from the sunset reached for the both of their skin. night will soon came. this make josuke worried. "kakyoin, I think you should be going.. it's not appropriate a mated omega is with an alpha on night time"josuke usher the red haired to go.

" okay i will go but do we cool now?" kakyoin asked josuke. josuke know deep down he's still have feelings for kakyoin but again he knew its just a one sided love.

what's matter now is kakyoin's happiness. he will slowly move on with this feelings he have for the omega. "yes, kakyoin. we were cool now" josuke gave him a smile before they parted their ways.

+

"I'm home" josuke locked their door as he get in. " oh josuke. go washed yourself up before dinner" tomoko screamed from the kitchen. josuke open his bedroom door and flopped himself on the bed.

cover his face with the pillow. he instantly cried. sobbing can be heard inside the room. moving on from someone that you liked for years is hard. josuke continue to cry. his pillow now covered with his tears.

"josuke? you done? " tomoko asked his son. as she opened the bedroom door. she saw josukes red puffy eyes. "josuke... " tomoko came say right here to her son.

he hugged her son. whispers saying it will be fine. trying to calm him down.

although no answers from him, he eventually stop. "if you don't feeling good? tell me okay josuke" tomoko leaves the room and left josuke alone.